بودكاست التاريخ

كارول DE-171 - التاريخ

كارول DE-171 - التاريخ



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

كارول

ولد في بالتيمور ، ماريلاند ، 16 سبتمبر 1911 ، وتخرج هربرت فولر كارول الابن من الأكاديمية البحرية في 1 يونيو 1934 برتبة راية. بعد الخدمة البحرية شبه المستمرة ، أبلغ أستوريا (CA-34). توفي الملازم كارول في 9 أغسطس 1942 خلال معركة جزيرة سافو ، التي فقدت فيها أستوريا.

(DE-171 ، موانئ دبي 1،240 ؛ ل ، 306 قدم ؛ ب 36'8 "؛ د. 11'8" ، ق 21 ك. ؛ cpl. 188 ؛ A- 3 3 "، 3 21" tt. ، 8 DCP. ، 1 DCP (hh.) ، 2 dct. cl. Cannon)

تم إطلاق Carroll (DE 171) في 21 يونيو 1943 بواسطة Norfolk Navy Yard ؛ برعاية السيدة إتش إف كارول ، الأب بتكليف من 24 أكتوبر 1943 ، الملازم قائد إف دبليو كون في القيادة ؛ وأبلغت إلى الأسطول الأطلسي.

تم تكليف كارول بمهمة المرافقة ، مع مطالبها الشديدة باليقظة والقدرة على البخار في جميع الأحوال الجوية والاستعداد الأمثل للخدمة في جميع الأوقات. بين 1 يناير 1944 و 9 مايو 1946 ، قامت بثماني رحلات بين نورفولك وجبل طارق والدار البيضاء وبنزرت و. الجزائر ، تحرس الرجال والإمدادات الموجهة للحرب عبر جنوب أوروبا. بين القوافل ، تلقت كارول الاهتمام اللازم في أحواض بناء السفن في الساحل الشرقي ، وشحذت تدريبها من خلال التدريبات في خليج كاسكو.

مع قدومها إلى المسرح الأوروبي من الانتصار الذي لعبت فيه دورًا مهمًا ، تم إعادة تعيين كارول في أسطول المحيط الهادئ ، والذي قدمت إليه تقريرًا في كريستوبال ، سي زد ، 9 يونيو 1945 ، أبحرت إلى سان دييغو وبيرل هاربور من أجل حتى 15 يوليو ، عندما أبحرت إلى إنيوتوك وسايبان وأوليثي ، ووصلت في 17 أغسطس.

حتى 3 نوفمبر 1945 ، قام كارول بدوريات في الجزر الأصغر لمجموعة بالاو بحثًا عن حاميات وأسرى حرب يابانيين تم تجاوزهم. في 6 أكتوبر ، تم التوقيع على استسلام سونسورول وفانا ومرير وتوبي على طوابقها. ثم قدمت المؤن ، وأشرفت على إخلاء الجزر من قبل اليابانيين. كانت متجهة إلى المنزل في 3 نوفمبر ، ووصلت جاكسونفيل ، فلوريدا ، في 14 ديسمبر. هنا تم إيقاف تشغيلها ووضعها في الاحتياطي 19 يونيو 1946.


تاريخ غني. إرث دائم. التحسين للجميع.

تحول ما بدأ باعتباره النقابة الكاثوليكية لجميع المكفوفين إلى مركز كارول الحالي للمكفوفين - وهو مركز رائد لإعادة تأهيل المكفوفين يستمر في تبني نفس المبادئ التي أسسناها على الاحترام والاستقلال والكرامة والتصميم على الانفتاح الفرص وتحسين حياة كل من نتطرق إليه.

تابع رحلتنا من بدايات متواضعة إلى أحد أبرز مراكز إعادة تأهيل العمى في العالم.


ملاحظات إصدار تحديث JDK 8u171

سلسلة الإصدار الكامل لإصدار التحديث هذا هي 1.8.0_171-b11 (حيث تعني "b" "الإنشاء"). رقم الإصدار هو 8u171.

بيانات IANA 2018 ج

يحتوي JDK 8u171 على إصدار بيانات المنطقة الزمنية IANA 2018c. لمزيد من المعلومات ، راجع إصدارات بيانات المنطقة الزمنية في برنامج JRE.

خطوط الأساس الأمنية

تم تحديد خطوط الأساس الأمنية لـ Java Runtime Environment (JRE) في وقت إصدار JDK 8u171 في الجدول التالي:

نسخة عائلة JRE JRE Security Baseline (سلسلة النسخة الكاملة)
8 1.8.0_171-b11
7 1.7.0_181-b09
6 1.6.0_191-b09

تاريخ انتهاء صلاحية JRE

تنتهي صلاحية JRE عندما يتوفر إصدار جديد به إصلاحات للثغرات الأمنية. يتم الإعلان عن تحديثات التصحيحات الهامة ، التي تحتوي على إصلاحات للثغرات الأمنية ، قبل عام واحد على تحديثات التصحيحات الهامة وتنبيهات الأمان ونشرة الطرف الثالث. ستنتهي صلاحية JRE (الإصدار 8u171) مع إصدار تحديث التصحيح المهم التالي المقرر في 17 يوليو 2018.

بالنسبة للأنظمة التي لا يمكنها الوصول إلى خوادم Oracle ، تنتهي صلاحية آلية ثانوية JRE (الإصدار 8u171) في 17 أغسطس 2018. بعد استيفاء أي من الشرطين (يتوفر الإصدار الجديد أو الوصول إلى تاريخ انتهاء الصلاحية) ، ستوفر JRE تحذيرات وتذكيرات إضافية إلى المستخدمين للتحديث إلى الإصدار الأحدث. لمزيد من المعلومات ، راجع تاريخ انتهاء صلاحية JRE.

ملحوظات

استخدام CipherOutputStream

تم توضيح مواصفات javax.crypto.CipherOutputStream للإشارة إلى أن هذه الفئة تلتقط BadPaddingException والاستثناءات الأخرى الناتجة عن اختبارات التكامل الفاشلة أثناء فك التشفير. لا يتم إعادة طرح هذه الاستثناءات ، لذلك لا يتم إبلاغ العميل بفشل عمليات التحقق من السلامة. بسبب هذا السلوك ، قد لا تكون هذه الفئة مناسبة للاستخدام مع فك التشفير في وضع تشغيل مصدق (على سبيل المثال ، GCM) إذا كان التطبيق يتطلب إشعارًا صريحًا عند فشل المصادقة. يمكن لهذه التطبيقات استخدام Cipher API مباشرة كبديل لاستخدام هذه الفئة.

مشاكل معروفة

آليات KeyStore المحسنة

لم يتم تضمين ملفين ، jre / bin / javaw.exe و jre / bin / jabswitch.exe ، في 8u171. كحل بديل ، يمكن للمستخدمين الذين يحتاجون إلى هذه الملفات تنزيل JRE غير الخادم ونسخ هذه الملفات منه إلى صورة JRE الخاصة بخادمهم.

ميزات جديدة

آليات KeyStore المحسنة

تم تقديم خاصية أمان جديدة تسمى jceks.key.serialFilter. إذا تم تكوين هذا المرشح ، فإن JCEKS KeyStore يستخدمه أثناء إلغاء تسلسل كائن المفتاح المشفر المخزن داخل SecretKeyEntry. إذا لم يتم تكوينه أو إذا كانت نتيجة الفلتر غير محددة (على سبيل المثال ، لا يتطابق أي من الأنماط) ، فسيتم استشارة عامل التصفية الذي تم تكوينه بواسطة jdk.serialFilter.

إذا تم أيضًا توفير خاصية النظام jceks.key.serialFilter ، فإنها تحل محل قيمة خاصية الأمان المحددة هنا.

يستخدم نمط المرشح نفس تنسيق jdk.serialFilter. يسمح النمط الافتراضي باستخدام java.lang.Enum و java.security.KeyRep و java.security.KeyRep $ Type و javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpec ولكنه يرفض جميع الأنواع الأخرى.

يجب على العملاء الذين يقومون بتخزين مفتاح سري لا يتسلسل إلى الأنواع المذكورة أعلاه تعديل عامل التصفية لجعل المفتاح قابلاً للاستخراج.

خاصية النظام لتعطيل تتبع استخدام JRE الأخير

تم تقديم خاصية جديدة للنظام jdk.disableLastUsageTracking لتعطيل تتبع الاستخدام الأخير لـ JRE لجهاز افتراضي قيد التشغيل. يمكن تعيين هذه الخاصية في سطر الأوامر باستخدام إما -Djdk.disableLastUsageTracking = true أو -Djdk.disableLastUsageTracking. مع تعيين خاصية النظام هذه ، سيتم تعطيل تتبع الاستخدام الأخير لـ JRE بغض النظر عن قيمة خاصية com.oracle.usagetracker.track.last.usage المحددة في usagetracker.properties.

التغييرات

شهادة جذر TeliaSonera إضافية

تمت إضافة "TeliaSonera Root CA v1" إلى مخزن مفاتيح cacerts.

توقيعات XML الموقعة بمفاتيح EC معطل أقل من 224 بت

تم تحسين وضع التحقق الآمن لتطبيق XML Signature لتقييد مفاتيح EC أقل من 224 بت افتراضيًا. يتم تمكين وضع التحقق الآمن إما عن طريق تعيين الخاصية org.jcp.xml.dsig.secureValidation إلى true باستخدام طريقة javax.xml.crypto.XMLCryptoContext.setProperty () ، أو عن طريق تشغيل الكود باستخدام SecurityManager.

3DES Cipher Suites المعوقين

لتحسين قوة اتصالات SSL / TLS ، تم تعطيل مجموعات تشفير 3DES في اتصالات SSL / TLS في JDK عبر خاصية أمان jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms.

عناصر التحكم في خصائص النظام java.util.logging.FileHandler's حد MAX_LOCKS

تم تقديم خاصية نظام خاصة بتطبيق JDK جديدة jdk.internal.FileHandlerLogging.maxLocks للتحكم في حد java.util.logging.FileHandler MAX_LOCKS. يتم الاحتفاظ بالقيمة الافتراضية لـ MAX_LOCKS الحالية (100) إذا لم يتم تعيين خاصية النظام الجديدة هذه أو إذا تم توفير قيمة غير صالحة للخاصية. القيم الصالحة لهذه الخاصية هي أعداد صحيحة تتراوح من 1 إلى عدد صحيح. MAX_VALUE-1.

التغيير إلى أسماء حزمة Java الداخلية في RPM Installers

على نظام Linux ، تم تغيير أسماء حزم JRE و JDK المقدمة من مثبتات Java RPM. تتبع أسماء حزم JRE و JDK نمطي `` jre '' و `` jdk '' على التوالي بدلاً من jre و jdk المستخدمين سابقًا. على سبيل المثال ، الأسماء الجديدة لحزم JRE و JDK هي jre1.8 و jdk1.8 على التوالي.

على منصة Linux ، تم أيضًا تغيير أسماء أدلة التثبيت الخاصة بمنتجات Java. أدلة التثبيت للمنتجات من إصدار 8u171 هي كما يلي:

  • /usr/java/jre1.8.0_171-i586 لـ 32 بت JRE
  • /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_171-i586 لـ 32 بت JDK
  • /usr/java/jre1.8.0_171-amd64 لـ 64 بت JRE
  • /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_171-amd64 لـ 64 بت JDK

اصلاحات الشوائب

فيما يلي بعض إصلاحات الأخطاء الملحوظة المضمنة في هذا الإصدار:

تم تعطيل اتصالات RMI عبر نفق HTTP من جانب الخادم

يقوم هذا الإصدار بتعطيل اتصالات RMI عبر نفق HTTP من جانب الخادم افتراضيًا. يمكن إعادة تمكين السلوك السابق بعد النظر في أي تأثير من خلال تعيين خاصية وقت التشغيل sun.rmi.server.disableIncomingHttp إلى false. لاحظ أنه لا ينبغي الخلط بين هذا وبين خاصية sun.rmi.server.disableHttp ، التي تعطل نفق HTTP من جانب العميل وتكون خاطئة افتراضيًا.

يحتوي هذا الإصدار أيضًا على إصلاحات للثغرات الأمنية الموضحة في تحديث Oracle Critical Patch Update. للحصول على قائمة أكثر اكتمالاً لإصلاحات الأخطاء المضمنة في هذا الإصدار ، راجع صفحة إصلاحات الأخطاء JDK 8u171.


جونيوكان!

25 سبتمبر 1944:
تم تعيين الكابتن Ohara Toshimichi (49) (ComDesDiv 19 سابقًا) كبير مسؤولي التجهيز في SAKAWA قيد الإنشاء في Sasebo Navy Yard.

أكتوبر 1944:
أطلق واسمه "ساكاوا".

30 نوفمبر 1944:
ساسيبو. تم الانتهاء من ساكاوا وتكليفها في IJN. تم تعيينها مباشرة في الأسطول المشترك ومسجلة في محطة يوكوسوكا البحرية. يصبح الكابتن أوهارا ضابطًا قائدًا. في الساعة 1200 ، أرسل قبطان ساكاوا رسالة إذاعية: "تم تسليم السفينة في الساعة 1000. ستغادر ساسيبو في 5 ديسمبر. ETA Kure في 8 ديسمبر من أجل التجارب اللاحقة في البحر الداخلي الغربي."

7 ديسمبر 1944:
يغادر ساسيبو. يصل إلى Kure في وقت لاحق من ذلك اليوم.

8 ديسمبر 1944:
في عام 1432 ، أرسل قبطان ساكاوا رسالة لاسلكية: "اشتعلت أغطية أنابيب البخار لجهاز التدفئة وتضررت بسبب النيران في عدة أماكن. أقر بأن المواد المستخدمة غير مناسبة. اتخذ الترتيبات للاستبدال السريع بعد وصولي في 10 ديسمبر. إجمالي طول الأنبوب 258 أمتار "

9 ديسمبر 1944:
في 2102 ، أرسل قبطان ساكاوا رسالة إذاعية: "ستدخل السفينة كوري 1300 في 10 ديسمبر. تريد تحميل الذخيرة في 11 ديسمبر. يرجى اتخاذ الترتيبات وفقًا لذلك."

15 يناير 1945:
تم تعيين SAKAWA كرائد في DesRon 11. وهي تتدرب في البحر الداخلي الغربي مع مدمرات جديدة مخصصة لـ DesRon.

أوائل عام 1945:
ساكاوا تشارك في اختبارات طلاء جديد مضاد للرادار للغواصات. تحاول التقاط غواصات يابانية مغلفة بالرادار الخاص بها.

1 أبريل 1945: عملية "TEN-I-GO" (الجنة رقم واحد) - الهجوم على قوات الغزو الأمريكية في أوكيناوا:
SAKAWA و DesRon 11 ملحقة بالأسطول الثاني لنائب الأدميرال إيتو سيتشي (قائد سابق في هارونا) للهجوم على قوات الغزو الأمريكية في أوكيناوا من قبل ياماتو ومرافقيها ، ولكن لا يوجد وقود متاح لساكاوا ومدمراتها.

20 أبريل 1945:
بعد فشل TEN-I-GO وتدمير YAMATO ، تم إعادة تعيين SAKAWA و DesRon 11 إلى الأسطول المشترك.

25 مايو 1945:
في عام 2155 ، أرسل ضابط أركان أسطول المدمرة الحادي عشر رسالة إذاعية: "ساكاوا ومدمرات كاكي ، سومير وناير ستغادر موجي 0500 26 مايو. إيتا مايزورو 0600 27 مايو."

26 مايو 1945:
في الساعة 0900 ، خدشت ساكاوا مؤخرتها في الجزء الغربي من مضيق كامون. أطراف نصل المروحة الخارجية اليمنى منحنية جزئيًا ، لكنها لا تشكل عائقًا أمام مواصلة الرحلة.

27 مايو 1945:
في 0626 ، ترسل شركة أسطول المدمرة الحادي عشر رسالة إذاعية: "وصلت أسطول المدمرة الحادي عشر c / o SAKAWA والمدمرات KAKI و KUSUNOKI و SUMIRE إلى Maizuru."

13 يوليو 1945:
فك شفرات الحلفاء رسالة تم إرسالها في 1911 13 يوليو 45 من CO في ساكاوا: "عند 1024 في بقعة ----- مسافة من موقع يحمل 49 درجة على بعد ----- متر من ---- انفجر لغمان . المقياس ----- تعرض لأضرار طفيفة. لا ضرر آخر. علمت استخبارات USN أيضًا أن سكاوا أمرت بالانتقال إلى مايزورو في أقرب وقت ممكن من مكان مجهول.

17 يوليو 1945:
يغادر "كوري".

19 تموز (يوليو) 1945:
يصل إلى Maizuru.

25 يوليو 1945:
ميزورو. طائرة من AG-88 من USS YORKTOWN (CV-10) تهاجم الشحن في الميناء ، لكن SAKAWA لم تتضرر.

2 سبتمبر 1945:
استسلام الإمبراطورية اليابانية:

ساكاوا منزوعة السلاح. تتم إزالة بنادقها وذخائرها وطوربيداتها وإما إزالة معداتها الهجومية أو تعطيلها.

5 أكتوبر 1945:
تمت إزالته من قائمة البحرية.

6 أكتوبر 1945:
بالاوس. تقوم USS CARROLL (DE-171) بدوريات في الجزر الأصغر من مجموعة بالاو بحثًا عن حاميات وأسرى حرب يابانيين تم تجاوزهم. علمت قوات الجيش الياباني المتمركزة في الجزر البالغ عددها 1339 جنديًا لأول مرة باستسلام اليابان عندما تذهب فرق البحث إلى الشاطئ. تم التوقيع على استسلام أربع جزر صغيرة في جنوب Palaus و Sonsorol و Fanna و Merir و Tobi لقائد الجزيرة ، Peleliu على سطح CARROLL.

21 و 29 أكتوبر 1945:
توفر CARROLL الإمدادات وتشرف على إخلاء اليابانيين للجزر. تتم إزالة جميع القوات على الجزر من قبل ساكاوا.

1 ديسمبر 1945:
تم تعيين ساكاوا رسميًا لخدمة الإعادة إلى الوطن كوسيلة نقل.

كانون الأول (ديسمبر) 1945 - شباط (فبراير) 1946:
تقوم ساكاوا بعمليات الإعادة إلى غينيا الجديدة وكوريا ومواقع أخرى لإعادة القوات اليابانية السابقة لتسريحها.

25 فبراير 1946:
تم نقل ساكاوا إلى يوكوسوكا وتسليمها إلى البحرية الأمريكية. يذهب طاقم على متن ساكاوا لإعداد الهيكل الموبوء بالفئران لرحلة. لواء دلو ياباني يعمل 36 ساعة متتالية في إنقاذ المياه الفاسدة من جوارها.

18 آذار (مارس) 1946:
ساكاوا تغادر يوكوسوكا متوجهة إلى إنيوتوك مع طاقم من البحرية الأمريكية مكون من 165 رجلاً وضابطاً بقيادة الملازم أول جيسي إي ميلر. حل طاقمنا الأمريكي محل 1100 من أفراد الطاقم اليابانيين الذين كانوا على متنها خلال الحرب. ظل أحد عشر ضابطا يابانيا على متن السفينة لتعليم الأمريكيين كيفية إدارة السفينة. ساكاوا ترافقها سفينة حربية NAGATO تابعة لطاقم أمريكي.

28 آذار (مارس) 1946:
300 ميل من إنيوتوك. ساكاوا ينهار ويموت في الماء. قام NAGATO بتعيين خط سحب إلى SAKAWA ، ولكن بعد ذلك قام NAGATO بتفجير مرجل ونفد الوقود. توقفت كلتا السفينتين في الأحوال الجوية السيئة. أجهزة الراديو الخاصة بطاقم NAGATO إلى Eniwetok للحصول على المساعدة ، ثم تجول في البحار في انتظار القاطرات لنقلها.

تم تحويل ناقلة النفط NICKAJACK TRAIL ، في طريقها إلى يوكوهاما ، للتزود بالوقود في ساكاوا وناغاتو ، لكنها جنحت على الشعاب المرجانية وتضيع.

30 آذار (مارس) 1946:
تصل USS TENINO (AT-115) وقاطرة أخرى من Eniwetok وتأخذ SAKAWA و NAGATO تحت السحب. يتم سحب NAGATO عند عقدة واحدة.

1 أبريل 1946:
تم سحب ساكاوا إلى إنيوتوك ، قبل أربعة أيام من ناجاتو.

أبريل 1946:
إنيوتوك. قام خمسة بحارة أمريكيين بتخريب ساكاوا بينما كانت مستلقية على المرسى. دافعهم هو إخراج ساكاوا من الخدمة حتى يمكن إعفاؤهم من الخدمة على متن السفينة الحربية القذرة. يقومون بتسريح نظام وقود السفينة عن طريق إزالة خط الضغط إلى صمامات الرحلة ذات السرعة الزائدة. يسكب الرمل في مضخات الزيت والماء. إنهم يحطمون المقاييس ومقاييس سرعة الدوران وصمامات مشعب زيت الوقود. يتم قطع خطوط بخار الضغط العالي. تستغرق الإصلاحات أربعة أيام. وبدلاً من إعفاء البحارة الخمسة من الخدمة ، فقد تمت تربيتهم على تهم.

مايو 1946:
SAKAWA يبحر 200 ميل من Eniwetok إلى Bikini Atoll.

1 يوليو 1946: عملية "مفترق الطرق":
بيكيني. SAKAWA و AGATO هي سفن مستهدفة في اختبار تفجير قنبلة ذرية بتفجير جوي "Able". تنضم إلى NAGATO البوارج الأمريكية المستهدفة USS ARKANSAS (BB-33) و NEW YORK (BB-34) و NEVADA (BB-36) و PENNSYLVANIA (BB-38) وسفن أخرى. ساكاوا راسية قبالة ربع ميناء نيفادا ، السفينة المستهدفة للاختبار. يوجد على متن ساكاوا خنازير وقرود وماعز ودجاج وخنازير غينيا وفئران وفئران في أقفاص أو مربوطة بشكل آمن. سيتم اختبار الحيوانات للإشعاع بعد إسقاط القنبلة.

القنبلة تخطئ نيفادا. يحدث انفجار القنبلة القوية على ارتفاع 490 ياردة فوق مؤخرة السفينة ساكاوا وقليلًا من الميمنة. ساكاوا يحترق بشدة لمدة 24 ساعة. قوة الانفجار تحطم بنيتها الفوقية وتضر بدنها وتخرق مؤخرتها. بدأت في الفيضان في الخلف.

2 يوليو 1946:
يحاول قاطرة الأسطول USS ACHOMAWI (ATF-148) سحب ساكاوا إلى الشاطئ لإنقاذه من الغرق. بعد أن قامت بتوصيل كابل سحب بـ SAKAWA ، يرتفع قوس الطراد لأعلى وتنحني أكثر من 85 درجة إلى المنفذ. ساكاوا تبدأ بالغرق من المؤخرة. يتم إجراء عدة محاولات قبل قطع كابل السحب أخيرًا. في الساعة 1042 ، تنقلب ساكاوا وتغرق من المؤخرة. يذهب حوالي 700 قدم من الكابل إلى قاع Bikini Lagoon معها. [1]

ملاحظات المؤلفين:
[1] تم العثور على الخنزير الصغير رقم 311 ، الذي يزن 50 رطلاً ، وهو يسبح في المياه المشعة ويتم إنقاذه. إنها عقيمة ، لكنها تنمو إلى 600 رطل خلال السنوات العديدة القادمة.

لمزيد من المعلومات حول غرق ساكاوا وحالة حطامها ، راجع مقال توني تولي ، تحديد موقع حطام السفن في البحرية اليابانية ومسحها.

شكر خاص للمساعدة في إعداد TROM هذا إلى السيد فريد هيرشلر ، RM / 2 سابقًا ، USN ، أحد أفراد الطاقم على متن NAGATO المتجه إلى البيكيني. شكرًا للمساعدة ، انتقل أيضًا إلى "Adm. Gritter" من هولندا و Tony Tully و Randy Stone و الراحل John Whitman. شكرًا أيضًا على Erich Muethlthaler من ألمانيا.


تاريخ مقاطعة كارول

تقع كارول كاونتي على الحافة الفاصلة بين نهري تينيسي والميسيسيبي. يحدها شمالاً مقاطعتا ويكلي وهنري ، شرقاً بنتون وديكاتور ، جنوباً هندرسون وماديسون ، غرباً جيبسون ، وتبلغ مساحتها حوالي 650 ميلاً مربعاً. ال. يتم تجفيف الجزء الشرقي من نهر بيج ساندي وروافده العديدة. يتدفق هذا النهر عبر المقاطعة في اتجاه الشمال ، ومن ثم إلى تقاطعها مع تينيسي. يتم تجفيف الأجزاء الوسطى والغربية بواسطة نهر أوبيون (الذي يتدفق إلى نهر المسيسيبي) وروافده ، بيفر كريك ، كروكد كريك وروذرفورد فورك. في الأجزاء الغربية والشمالية الغربية من المقاطعة ، يكون سطح البلاد متموجًا بلطف ، بينما في الأجزاء الشرقية والجنوبية الشرقية منه متكسر إلى حد ما والتلال. التربة عمومًا عبارة عن طين طيني مختلط بالرمل ، والتربة التحتية عبارة عن طين ضارب إلى الحمرة. مع الزراعة المناسبة ، تنتج الأرض بشكل جيد. الأخشاب هي البلوط في أصنافه ، الجوز ، الحور ، الصمغ ، الزان إلخ. هناك العديد من الينابيع ، ولكن بالنسبة للاستخدام العائلي ، يعتمد الناس عمومًا على الآبار والصهاريج.

تم إنشاء المستوطنات الأولى في المقاطعة في McLemoresville و Buena Vista حوالي عام 1820. وكان REC Dougherty ، الذي تم تنظيم المقاطعة في منزله ، قد احتفظ بمكتب الأراضي في West Tennessee في McLemoresville في وقت مبكر من عام 1820. أول دخول للأرض في هذا مكتب ، تم إنشاؤه في 6 ديسمبر 1820 ، بواسطة ديفيد جيليسبي. المستوطنون الأوائل الآخرون في الجزء الغربي من المقاطعة هم الدكتور س. واي. بيغام ، القس ويليام بيغام ، ديفيد مارشال ، روبرت جيلبرت الذين طهروا موقع ماكليموريسفيل ، القس أبنير كوبر ، القس روبن بور ، القس. جيمس وروبرت هيرت وريديك هيلسمان وويليام هاريس ولويس ديموس وناثان فوكس. جيمس هامبتون ، وم. هورتون ، موسى روبرتس ، و. الجزء الشرقي من المقاطعة. كان المستوطنون الأوائل بالقرب من هانتينغدون صموئيل إنجرام ، جون كروكيت (والد دبليو جي كروكيت الآن من هانتينغدون) ، جيمس إتش جي ، و. طومسون ، توماس روس ، جون جوين ، روبرت موراي وآخرين. كان من بين أوائل المستوطنين في محيط ماكنزي جي إم جيلبرت (رئيس البلدية الحالي لتلك المدينة ، والذي يبلغ الآن أكثر من ستة وثمانين عامًا من العمر) ، أمبروز دودلي وتوماس ووم. هاميلتون ، إيلام كاشون ، جرين بيثيل ، وم. روجرز وجون جرين. فيما بعد جاء جيمس وريتشارد كول وستيفن بات وجون ماكنزي وآخرين. نظرًا لأن تنظيم المقاطعة تم فورًا تقريبًا بعد إنشاء المستوطنات الأولى ، يجب أن يوضع في الاعتبار أن كل شخص يُشار إليه فيما بعد فيما يتعلق بتنظيم المقاطعة والمحاكم كانوا من أوائل المستوطنين. تم إدخال مساحات كبيرة من الأراضي الأكثر قيمة في المقاطعة من خلال موقع مذكرات الأراضي العسكرية في ولاية كارولينا الشمالية ، ومملوكة من قبل غير المقيمين. حصلت شركة Mimucan Hunt & amp Co. على هذه الضمانات لعشرين قطعة أرض ، تحتوي كل منها على 5000 فدان. في سبتمبر 1794 ، نقل السيد هانت إلى إسحاق روبرتس خمسة من هذه المقاطع. 25000 فدان ، كلها تقع على بيفر كريك في مقاطعة كارول ، للحصول على حصة السيد روبرتس لتحديد أوامر الأراضي ، والحصول على المنح من الولاية للأراضي المذكورة أعلاه والتي تبلغ مساحتها 5000 فدان. كانت جميع هذه الأراضي تقع غرب نهر تينيسي وإلى حد كبير في مقاطعة كارول. في يناير 1821 ، نقل الدكتور توماس هانت ، منفذ وصية ميموكان هانت ، المتوفى بعد ذلك ، إلى توماس هـ ، وجيسي ، وصموئيل ، وناثان بينتون ، الاهتمام بالأراضي المذكورة التي تخص والدهم ، جيسي بينتون من نورث كارولينا ، كل ذلك يظهر مسجلاً في مكتب السجل في هانتينغدون. غادر الهنود المقاطعة في الوقت الذي ظهر فيه المستوطنون. لكن الغابة التي لم تنكسر بعد ذلك كانت موبوءة بالدببة والذئاب والفهود والغزلان والقطط البرية والحيوانات البرية الصغيرة والثعابين. يقال إن الشهرة التي كانت تتمتع بها هذه الدولة في ولاية كارولينا الشمالية كانت & # 8220 خمسين بوشلًا من الضفادع حتى الفدان ، وثعابين تكفي لتسييج الأرض. & # 8221 دمرت الحيوانات البرية العديد من الحيوانات الأليفة للمستوطنين الأوائل ، لكن تم اصطيادهم وإخضاعهم حتى انقرضت جميع الأنواع الأكثر تدميراً. أول جسر تم بناؤه في المقاطعة كان جسر ماكي على بيغ ساندي. في عام 1822 ، وقبل ذلك ، لم تكن هناك مطاحن في المقاطعة ، وكان على المستوطنين الأوائل الذهاب إلى مقاطعة همفريز لإنجاز عملية الطحن ، وتم جلب الإمدادات العائلية ، مثل الملح والقهوة ، وما إلى ذلك ، من رينولدسبورغ في نهر تينيسي. أول طاحونة في غرب تينيسي ، تم بناؤها في مقاطعة كارول من قبل إسحاق بلونت في بلونت كريك ، في موقع الطاحونة التي يملكها جوشوا بتلر منذ ذلك الحين. في مارس 1824 ، Wm. حصل هاريس وريديك هيلسمان على إذن من محكمة المقاطعة لبناء مطحنة في ريدي كريك ، وحصل جون ستوكارد على إذن لبناء واحدة على نفس الخور. قبل ذلك ، تم منح نفس الامتياز إلى Green واحد ، في هولو روك كريك. في نفس الوقت تقريبًا بنى آر إي سي دوجيرتي مطحنة في كلير كريك. نصب جيمس شيلدز أول محلج قطن في المقاطعة ، في مكان بالقرب من بوينا فيستا. كانت الوصية الأولى التي تم التحقيق فيها في المقاطعة هي تلك الخاصة بديفيد كلارك ، المتوفى ، الذي خضع للمراقبة في يونيو 1824. كان أندرو نيلي أول جناح للرضع وجون س. نيلي أول وصي. وم. روبرتس ، الملقب بـ Bit Nose Bill ، كان أول رجل يتزوج في المقاطعة. حوالي عام 1831 شُيِّدت بوابة هانتينغدون المؤدية إلى جاكسون. في عامي 1821 و 1822 ، كانت مقاطعتا جيبسون وداير مرتبطة إقليميًا بكارول ، ولعام 1823 جيبسون وحده.

بدأ المستوطنون الأوائل زراعة القطن ، وكان دائمًا الإنتاج الأساسي للمزارعين. تمت تربية الحبوب والخضروات للاستهلاك المنزلي ، بينما تمت تربية القطن في الأسواق. لطالما كان التبغ إلى حد ما ، ولا يزال يتم تربيته ، في الجزء الشمالي من المقاطعة. الناس مجتهدون وكريمون ، بدائيون في عاداتهم ، ويصنعون ويرتدون الكثير من الملابس المصنوعة في المنزل. يعطي تقرير تعداد الولايات المتحدة لعام 1880 المنتجات الزراعية للمقاطعة على النحو التالي: الذرة الهندية ، 1،018،415 بوشل شوفان ، 37،694 بوشل قمح ، 88،396 بوشل من التبن ، 1131 طنًا من القطن ، 10،505 بالة بطاطا أيرلندية ، 9377 بوشل بطاطا حلوة ، 25،099 بوشل تبغ ، 69167 جنيها. وتم عد الماشية الحية على النحو التالي: الخيول والبغال ، 7428 بقرة ، 10754 شاة ، 7166 خنزير ، 35398. في عام 1860 كان عدد سكان مقاطعة كارول من البيض ، 13339 ملونًا ، 43098. في عام 1880 كان السكان من البيض ، 16524 ملونًا ، 5579 ، الزيادة في عدد السكان البيض لمدة عشرين عامًا كانت 3185 ، والملون 1.481 ، النسبة المئوية من زيادة في السابق ما يقرب من أربعة وعشرين ، والأخيرة ما يزيد قليلا عن ستة وثلاثين.

حكومة المقاطعة

تم تنظيم مقاطعة كارول بموجب قانون صادر عن الجمعية العامة لولاية تينيسي ، صدر في 7 نوفمبر 1821 ، والذي نص على إنشاء مقاطعة جديدة ، تسمى كارول ، ضمن الحدود التالية ، على النحو التالي: & # 8220 بدءًا من الحد الغربي لمقاطعة همفريز [noe the West line of Benton County] في الركن الجنوبي الشرقي من هنري الذي يسير من الغرب مع الحد الجنوبي للمقاطعة المذكورة إلى الركن الجنوبي الغربي من مقاطعة هنري ومن ثم جنوبًا بالتوازي مع خط النطاق إلى النقطة ميلين ونصف ميل جنوب الخط الفاصل بين المقاطعتين التاسعة والثانية عشر من هناك شرقًا بالتوازي مع الخط القطاعي في منطقة ديسفريست التاسعة من الشمال إلى الركن الشمالي الشرقي من النطاق 2 ، القسم 11 ، في المنطقة التاسعة المذكورة من هناك شرقًا مع خط المقاطعة إلى الحدود الغربية لمقاطعة بيري [الآن الخط الغربي لمقاطعة ديكاتور] ، ومن ثم شمالًا مع الحدود الغربية لمقاطعي بيري وهامفريز ، حتى البداية. يجب أن تعقد جلسات الربع الثاني في يوم الاثنين الثاني من شهر مارس. يونيو وسبتمبر وديسمبر من كل عام ، في منزل R.E.C Dougherty في McLemoresville إلى أن ينص القانون على خلاف ذلك. بموجب قانون لاحق صدر في 21 نوفمبر 1821 ، تم تعيين ستيرلنج بروير من مقاطعة ديكسون ، وجيمس فينتريس من مقاطعة مونتغومري ، وأبرام موري من مقاطعة ويليامسون ، مفوضين لإصلاح مكان بالقرب من وسط المقاطعة حيث يمكن أن يكون الموقع المؤهل تم الحصول عليها ، في نطاق ثلاثة أميال من مركزها ، من أجل مقر العدالة. وفقًا للقانون المذكور ، يتألف مجلس قضاة الصلح الأول من: جون جوين ، وإدوارد جوين ، والسناتور مارك آر روبرتس ، وصمويل إنجرام ، وجون ستوكارد ، وتوماس هاميلتون ، وصمويل إيه مكلاري ، وبانكس دبليو بورو ، ودانييل باركروفت ، وجون بون ، بتكليف من الحاكم كارول ، اجتمعوا في 11 مارس 1822 ، في منزل REC دوجيرتي في ماكليموريسفيل ، ونظموا أول محكمة مقاطعة ، ثم عُرفت باسم محكمة الاستئناف وجلسات ربع سنوية ، عن طريق انتخاب جون جوين رئيسا. الإدخال الأول في محضر المحكمة الذي يلي التسمية التوضيحية ، قرأ على النحو التالي: & # 8220 أمر بأن تكون ضريبة المقاطعة مساوية لضريبة الولاية ، باستثناء صناديق الاقتراع البيضاء والسوداء. أن يتم فرض ضرائب على كل استطلاع أبيض تساوي مائة فدان من الأرض ، واستطلاعات الرأي السوداء تساوي مائتي فدان من الأرض. وأن جيمس أ.ماكلاري أخذ قائمة بالممتلكات الخاضعة للضريبة جنوب رذرفورد فورك من نهر أوبيون ، وتوماس هاميلتون قائمة بجميع شمال ساوث فورك للنهر المذكور جون ستوكارد قائمة بجميع غرب التلال المقسمة. مياه نهري ساندي وأوبيون وبين ساوث فورك وروذرفورد فورك في أوبيون جون براون قائمة بكل شرق التلال المذكورة وشمال جسر ساندي ، وصموئيل إنجرام قائمة بالممتلكات جنوب الجسر المذكور وشرقه. ريدج. & # 8221 في اليوم الثاني من الولاية ، تم انتخاب ضباط المقاطعة التاليين: سيون روجرز ، شريف ليتلتون دبليو وايت ، سجل و. آدامز ، حارس بانكس دبليو بورو ، وصي. جون س. نيلي ، الطبيب الشرعي ، وجون ماكي ، وجورج سيفير ووم. Barecroft ، شرطي. وبذلك اكتمل تنظيم المقاطعة.

في دورة يونيو عام 1822 ، تم تعيين بانكس دبليو بورو ، وتوماس أ. طومسون ، جون ستوكارد ، وصمويل إنجرام ، ومارك ب.روبرتس مفوضين لوضع مقر المقاطعة والإشراف على بيع القطع وإقامة المباني العامة. تمت إضافة ناثان نسبيت في وقت لاحق إلى اللجنة المذكورة. ثم جاء ستيرلينج بروير وجيمس فينتريس ، اثنان من المفوضين المعينين من قبل الجمعية العامة ، وأفادوا أنهما اختارا موقع مقر العدالة ، وهي قطعة أرض مملوكة لورثة ميموكان هانت ، وتقع في الشمال. بنك بيفر كريك لم يتم الحصول على عنوان هذه المسالك ، المكونة من خمسين فدانًا ، حتى 21 يوليو 1823 ، عندما حصل عليها المفوضون المذكورون من توماس هانت ، منفذ وصية ميموكان هانت بولاية نورث كارولينا. كانت قاعة المحكمة الأولى ، التي تم بناؤها عام 1822 ، عبارة عن كابينة خشبية صغيرة ، بدون أرضية ، أقيمت في مكانها الحالي ، وشق ناثان نسبيت ، رئيس محكمة الاستئناف وربع الجلسات ، طريقه عبر الغابة من مكان إقامته ، على بعد خمسة أميال شرق هانتينغدون ، إلى مقر المقاطعة ، حاملاً معه منشاره المقطوع ، والذي رأى به الباب خارج مبنى المحكمة الجديد ، ودخل هناك وافتتح أول محكمة عقدت في هانتينغدون ، 9 ديسمبر 1822. في هذا الفصل ، أحضر المحلفون معهم أحكامهم وخيموا في الخارج. قام جيمس هـ. جي بمسح بلدة هانتينجدون وتقسيمها ، تحت إشراف المفوضين المعينين لتخطيط المدينة. وفي دورة مارس 1824 ، تم منح البدلات التالية للمساح والمفوضين ، إلى: & # 8220James H. شركات النقل ، لمدة خمسة أيام وخدمات # 8217 ، 1.50 دولارًا في اليوم ، 15 دولارًا لعمل 480 مشاركة للقطع ، 12 دولارًا للويسكي والورق عند بيع القطع ، 10 دولارات ناثان نيسبيت ، 24 يومًا كمفوض ، 72 دولارًا جون ستوكارد ، 18 يومًا كمفوض ، 54 دولارًا صموئيل إنجرام ، 24 يومًا كمفوض ، 72 دولارًا توماس إيه تومسون ، 20 يومًا كمفوض ، 60 دولارًا للبنوك دبليو بور ، 4 أيام كمفوض ، 12 دولارًا. & # 8221 في دورة ديسمبر ، 1823 ، اسم مقر المقاطعة ، والتي كانت تسمى حتى ذلك الوقت هانتسفيل ، تم تغييرها إلى هانتينغدون. كانوا متحمسين للاحتفاظ بالمقطع الأول ، وبناءً عليه اقترح جيمس إتش جي ، الذي كان موسيقيًا ومساحًا ، وكان مولعًا باللحن القديم هانتينغدون ، هذا الاسم وتم اعتماده. يجب أن يكون بيع القطع ، التاريخ الذي لا تظهر فيه السجلات ، قد تم قبل 10 مارس 1823 ، كما يتضح من سجل صك ذلك التاريخ من مفوضي هانتينغدون إلى جون كروكيت للقطعة 16. كان هناك 117 قطعة أرض والساحة العامة في اللوحة الأصلية للمدينة. في مارس 1824 ، تم تعيين مفوضين لمحكمة الاستئناف وربع الجلسات للسماح بوظيفة تطهير الساحة العامة ، وحصل جاك أسبي على العقد.

تم بيع أول محكمة ، كما تم وصفها حتى الآن ، في عام 1824 لجون كروكيت الذي نقلها بعيدًا واستخدمها كمطبخ. تم استبداله في ذلك العام بمنزل إطار مقاس 20 & # 21524 قدمًا ، واستمر هذا حتى عام 1830 تقريبًا ، عندما تم بناء دار المحكمة الثالثة ، 30 & # 21550 قدمًا ، من الطوب. قام جون باركر وجاكوب بليدسو ببناء الأساس ، وكان جورج وجون سيمونز بنائي الطوب ، وجويل هـ. سميث النجار. تم الانتهاء من قاعة المحكمة الرابعة والحالية في عام 1844. كان جويل ب. سميث وتوماس بانكس هم المقاولون. تم نقل صخرة المؤسسة من مقاطعة بينتون. تم التعاقد من الباطن على أعمال الطوب إلى Wm. S. جديد للعدد الفعلي واحد سنت لكل لبنة. السيد الجديد في الوفاء بجزءه من العقد خسر بشكل كبير. كلف المنزل حوالي 12000 دولار. إنه مبنى من طابقين من الآجر ، به مكتبان وغرفة محكمة في كل طابق.

تم بيع المحكمة الثانية لروبرت موراي وانتقلت إلى أرضه شرق الساحة العامة واستخدمت كمستودع. كان أول سجن شُيِّد عام 1824 على عكس السجن الحالي تقريبًا. كانت عبارة عن كوخ صغير محفور ، كان السجناء يهربون منه بشكل متكرر. السجن الثاني بناه صموئيل إنجرام ، في الجزء الغربي من المدينة. يتم استخدامه الآن للإقامة. أقيم السجن الحالي ومسكن السجان مجتمعين في عام 1875 ، تحت إشراف ج.ب.ويلسون ، و. It is a commodious two-story brick building, containing five cells for prisoners, and altogether cost $11,000. The poor farm, consisting of 134 acres, was purchased in 1852 from Thomas Butler. The buildings were improved in 1877 and later, by removing, the old log cabins and erecting in their stead neat frame cottages. The farm was enlarged in 1886, by the purchase from W. O. Davis of 104 acres of timber land adjoining it. The inmates of the poor asylum average about thirty in number, and appropriations are made by the county court for the support of about forty poor persons who reside with their friends throughout the county. The poor of Carroll County are well cared for.

The Nashville, Chattanooga, & St., Louis Railroad was completed through the county soon after the close of the civil war. It has stations within the county at Hollow Rock, Huntingdon and McKenzie. The Memphis & Louisville Railroad was completed through the county in 1860. It has stations within the county at McKenzie, Trezevant and Atwood.

The following is a list of county officers with dates of service: County court clerks: Edward Gwin, 1822-36 George Hem, 1836-40 Young W. Allen, 1840-52 Wm. H. Graves, 1852-68 Cyrus Wilson, 1868-70 W. H. Eason, 1870-78 Elijah Falkuer, 1878-86 J. C. R. McCall, 1886. Sheriffs: Sion Rodgers, 1822-24 Thomas A. Thompson, 1824-25 (died before close of his term) Sion Rodgers, 1825-30 James Latimer, 1830-32 Thomas Banks, 1832-36 Andrew Neely, 1836-38 John Norman, 1838-44 Jeremiah T. Rust, 1844-48 John H. Boyd, 1848-52 Geo. W. Holaday, 1852-58 Alfred Bryant, 1858-62 John Norman, 1862-64 Joseph A. Johnson, 1864-66 James M. Neely, 1866- 70 Alfred Bryant, 1870-74 E. W. Williams, 1874-78 J. F. Leach, 1878-82 E. E. Pate, 1882-84 F. C. Sanders, 1884-86 and re-elected. Registers: Littleberry W. White, 1822-27 H. H. Brown, 1827-32 Thomas A. Hawkins, 1832-40 John R. Clark, 1840-44 Martin Dill, 1844-48 Nathan Williams, 1848-52 Benj. F. Harrison, 1852-56 George L. Harris, 1856-63 J. H. Noell, 1863-68 Joseph McCracken, 1868-74 J. W. Walters, 1874-78 E. G. Ridgeley, 1878-82 J. W. Walters, 1882-86 S. A. Brown, 1886. Trustees Banks W. Burrow, 1822-28, and perhaps to 1836 Mathews Bigham, 1836-42 China Wilder, 1842-52 Thomas Gray, 1852-54 Pleasant G. Wright, 1854-58 James N. Gardner, 1858-62, Wm. Harrison, 1862-70 James S. Ramsey, 1870- 78 J. F. Rogers, 1878-86 A. E. Hastings, 1886. Circuit court clerks: Benjamin B. McCampbell, 1822-40 James M. Henderson, January to August, 1840 Joel R. Smith, 1840-44 John Norman, 1844- 56 B. F. Harrison, 1856-70 W. R. Grizzard, 1870-82 C. P. Priestley, 1882-84 A. E. Hastings, 1884-86 A. W. Hawkins, 1886. State senators: Henry H. Brown, 1823 James R. McMeans, 1820 John D. Love, 1829 Robert Murray, 1831 James L. Totton, 1835 Robert E. C. Dougherty, 1837 Valentine Sevier, 1839 Isaac J. Roach, 1847 Beverly S. Allen, 1849 M. R. Hill, 1851 A. Benton, 1853 Isaac J. Roach, 1857 V. S. Allen, 1859 John Norman, 1865 Wm. H. Hall, 1869 J. M. Coulter, 1873 M. D. L. Jordan, 1875 A. G. Hawkins, 1877 L. M. Beckerdite, 1879 S. F. Rankin, 1881 James P. Wilson, 1883 John H. Farmer, 1885. Representatives in lower house of the Legislature: David Crockett, 1823 Duncan Molver, 1826 Joel R. Smith, 1833 A. M. Cardwell, 1837 Yancey Bledsoe, 1839 A. P. Hall, 1845 Beverly S. Allen, 1847 Granville C. Hurt, 1851 J. W. Wilson, 1855 J. B. Algee, 1857 J. D. Porter, Jr., 1859 J. M. Martin, 1867 B. A. Enloe, 1869 T. B. Brooks, 1873 L. L. Hawkins, 1877 J. R. McKinney, 1885.

The aggregate amount of county taxes charged upon the duplicate of Carroll County for the year 1825, three years after the organization, was as follows: �,932 acres of land, at 64-3/4 cents per each hundred acres, $1,353.87 60 town lots, at 62-1/2 cents each, $37.50 421 free polls, at 12-1/2 cents each, $52.62 245 black polls, at 25 cents each, $61.25 9 stud horses, $21.50. Total, $1,526.75.” The State taxes charged in 1824 amounted to $266.07. Presuming that a like sum for State purposes was charged on the duplicate of 1825, and added to the $1,526.75 of county taxes for that year, the amount for both State and county would be $1,792.82. It will be interesting to compare the foregoing with the recapitulation of the duplicate of the county for the year 1886, which is as follows:

Number of town lots, 610 $346,064
Number of acres of land ____ $2,172,067
Personal property $91,716
Other property $4,935
Total taxable property $2,614,78

The taxes charged on the total value of taxable property and on 3,456 polls are as follows, to wit: State tax, $7, 844.34 county tax, $9,992.95 school tax, $13,448.95 road tax, $1,876.08. Total tax, $33,162.32.

At the second term of the court of pleas and quarter sessions, held in June, 1822, William Arnold, Robert Hughes, Will Stoddart, Archibald C. Hall and Thomas Taylor were admitted and sworn as attorneys to practice in said court. At the same time William Arnold produced his commission from the governor and was sworn as solicitor general of the Thirteenth Solicitorial District. At the next term of said court, September, 1822, John C. Bowen, John McBride, Peter Honnell, David Crockett, the famous hunter, and Hezekiah McVale appeared, and each made oath to the killing of a certain number of wolves, and were allowed the usual bounty for destroying those destructive animals.

Then came Nathan Nesbit, John Stockard, Samuel Ingram, Robert Jainison and Enoch Enochs, commissioners previously appointed to divide an estate of 5,000 acres belonging to the heirs of Isaac Roberts, deceased, and submitted their report in full, which was confirmed, and each was allowed $4 per day for nine days’ services, and James H. Gee, the surveyor, was allowed $6.50 per day for ten days’ services, all to be paid by said heirs in proportion to their respective interests. The names of the men composing the first grand jury in this court were Samuel Woods, Robert Algee, Joseph Dixon, John Kelough, Lewis Demoss, Stephen Warren, William Patton, Thomas Finley, John Martin, Abram White, Henry Rogers and Peter Honnell. They were sworn and charged at the September term, 1822, and after deliberation they returned into court a “bill of indictment against William Robinson and Hawkins Wormack for an affray,” and a presentment against Edward Owin, the clerk of the court, for an assault and battery “on the body of a woman slave, the property of Samuel McCorkle.” At the June term, 1823, David Crockett was indicted for an assault, and upon being tried he made his own defense and the verdict of the jury was “not guilty.” At the same term the fare at taverns was established as follows: “Breakfast, 25 cents dinner, 37½ cents supper, 25 cents lodging, 12½ cents whiskey, per half pint, 12½ cents per pint, 25 cents per quart, 37½ cents feeding horse, 25 cents keeping horse per night, 50 cents night and day, 75 cents man and horse per day, $1.50.”

William Anderson, James H. Russell, James R. McMeans, James K. Chalmers, John L. Allen and M. A. Q. McKenzie were all admitted in 1823 as attorneys to practice law. The last term of the court of pleas and quarter sessions was held in March, 1836, and the first term of the county court under the constitution of 1834, was held in May, 1836. This court was composed of thirty-four justices of the peace, elected by the people, and was organized by appointing Samuel Ingram as chairman. From that year the county court continued to hold its regular sessions until December, 1863, when it suspended business, on account of the war, until July 3, 1865, when it was reorganized under Gov. Brownlow’s administration. It now consists of fifty-three justices of the peace, with Judge G. W. Humble, who has been the presiding officer as judge ever since 1872, and prior to that date he presided over the court for many years as chairman thereof.

The first term of the circuit court was held at the house of R. E. C. Dougherty, at McLeinoresville, beginning on Monday, April 1, 1822, with Hon. Joshua Haskell, judge, presiding. Benjamin B. McCampbell was appointed clerk, and Edward Gwin, Samuel Woods, John Gwin, Samuel McCorkle, Enoch Enochs, David Moore, Jonathan Dawson, Lewis Demoss, Edward Busey, John Stockard, Levi Woods, James H. Gee and John Komez were sworn and charged as grand jurors. This was the first grand jury empaneled in the county. Then came John W. Cook, Robert Hughes and Alex B. Bradford and were admitted and sworn as attorneys to practice in said court. At the September term, 1823, John Montgomery was prosecuted by the State for an “affray,” whereupon Howell Ward, Julius Webb, Walter Connell, Wilson Lightfoot, Mathis Brigham, David Robison, Edward Busey, Theophilus Morgan, Jesse Walker, Nathan Nesbit, and Elijah Wheelis were einpaneled and sworn to try the prisoner, which they did upon the law and the evidence, and returned a verdict of “not guilty.” This was the first petit jury em-paneled in the county, and the trial was the first criminal prosecution in the circuit court. During the war period this court suspended business from April 1862, until August, 1865, when it was reorganized, with Hon. L. L. Hawkins as judge thereof.

Only two persons have been hanged for the crime of murder in Carroll County. The first was Frank Oliver, colored, for the murder of a widow lady by the name of Rumley. After trial and conviction he was executed on the gallows in May, 1847, in the presence of 10,000 spectators. The other was Charley Phillips, colored, for the murder of Frank Prince, colored. After trial and conviction he was executed on the gallows in July, 1884. This execution was private, as provided by late statute.

The chancery court was established at Huntingdon about the year 1835, for all of West Tennessee. The records thereof having been destroyed during the civil war, the exact date is not given. As fast as chancery courts were established in other counties, the territory over which this court held jurisdiction grew less until finally it was limited to that of Carroll County. Pleasant M. Miller, of Jackson, Tenn., is said to have been the first chancellor. He was succeeded by George W. Gibbs, Milton Brown of Jackson, Andrew McCampbell of Paris, Calvin Jones of Somerville, and Stephen C. Pavatt of Camden, Tenn., the latter being chancellor at the beginning of the civil war. This court suspended business from 1862 until February, 1866, when it was reorganized, with Robert H. Rose as chancellor, and S. W. Hawkins, clerk and master. Chancellor Rose was succeeded by James W. Dougherty, and he by John Somers, who was succeeded in 1886 by A. G. Hawkins, the present chancellor. Joel R. Smith was the first clerk and master, and the following gentlemen have been his successors in that office, in the order here named: Henry Strange, Napoleon Priest, who died during his term J. P. Priestley, who held the office when the war began S. W. Hawkins and J. P. Priestley, the present incumbent, who has held the office ever since 1870. Among the distinguished early resident attorneys of Carroll County were Chancellor Milton Brown, Thomas Jennings and Berry Gillespie. Later came John McKernan, Benjamin C. Totton, Chancellor Stephen C. Pavatt, William and J. W. Dougherty, Josiah Hubbard, N. B. Burrow, V. S. and B. S. Allen, none of whom now remain. Then came the Hawkinses, all of whom still remain except Col. Isaac R. Hawkins, who has since died. The present resident attorneys are ex-Gov. Alvin Hawkins and his son Alonzo, Capt. A. W. Hawkins, the present clerk of the circuit court, who is also a physician and minister, and a survivor of the Mexican and civil wars Joseph R. Hawkins, L. L. Hawkins, S. W. Hawkins and Albert G. Hawkins, the present chancellor L. W. Beckerdite, H. C. Townes, the present State Senator elect W. W. Murray, H. C. Brewer, the present postmaster G. W. McCall and J. P. Wilson also Commillis Hawkins, B. P. Gilbert and George H. Ralstone, the latter three being residents of McKenzie, and also I. M. L. Barker, who resides in the Nineteenth Civil District.

The people of Carroll County are patriotic, and whenever the alarm of war has been sounded and the call to arms made, they have responded with gallantry. A company of volunteers, commanded by Capt. B. C. Totton was raised in the county for the Florida war. They went as far as Fayetteville, and not being needed, were not mustered into the service. In 1846 the county furnished a company for the Mexican war. Its officers were Capt. H. F. Murray, Lieutenants Isaac B. Hawkins, J. Richardson, N. B. Burrow Sergeants J. C. Hawkins, James Ingram, B. F. Harrison and R. P. McCracken Corporals John W. Myrick, Jesse Wiley, Ashton W. Hawkins and J. F. Townes privates, seventy-four in number. The company served through the Mexican war as Company B, Second Tennessee Infantry, commanded by Col. Wm. T. Haskell. At this date, 1886, only twenty of these veterans are living, and of that number Dr. A. W. Hawkins, J. F. Townes, H. T. Bridges, M. Bunn, W. G. Crockett, A. R. B. Churchwell, Joseph Hamilton, Wright Mebane, E. D. Shoffuer and Ephraiin Williams are citizens of Carroll County. In February, 1861, a mass-meeting of the citizens of Carroll County was held in the courthouse, and Isaac R. Hawkins, Alvin Hawkins, B. M. Gains, L. M. Jones, A. P. Hall and Dr. Seth W. Bell were appointed a committee to draft resolutions expressive of the sense of the meeting. The majority report of this committee, signed by Isaac R. Hawkins, Alvin Hawkins, Dr. Bell and A. B. Hall, was adopted. It read as follows “That we are in favor of the seceding States being restored to their allegiance to the Governinent of the United States, peaceably if possible, but forcibly if necessary.” The territory being first within the lines of the Confederate armies, the first company of soldiers raised in the county was known as the “Carroll Invincibles,” commanded by Capt. E. P. HalL The next were the companies of Capts. W. A. Marshall and — Shoffner. These three companies were mustered into the Twenty-second Tennessee Confederate Infantry at Trenton, Tenn. in June 1861. The next were Companies C and H of the Fifty-fifth Tennessee Confederate Infantry, the former commanded by Capt. L. W. Clark and the latter by Capt. Alfred Bryant. These companies joined their regiment at Trenton in October, 1861. In the spring of 1863, Company B, of the Nineteenth and Twentieth consolidated regiments of Tennessee Confederate Cavalry, was raised in this county. The company was commanded by Capt. W. H. Hawkins. During the latter part of the war Capt. Rufus Thomas commanded a company in a Kentucky Confederate regiment, which was composed mostly of citizens of Carroll County. Parts of other companies from this county, also served in the Confederate armies. The following commands all served in the Federal armies: Five companies commanded respectively by Capts. A. W. Hawkins, J. M. Martin, P. K. Parsons, John A. Miller and Thomas Belew, were raised in Carroll County and mustered into the Seventh Tennessee Cavalry at Trenton, in September, 1862. The companies of Capt. Hawkins and Capt. Belew, were mustered for twelve months only, and were mustered out at the end of their term, and many of the men re-enlisted in another company which was raised in Carroll County, in the fall of 1863, by Capt. Clinton King and mustered into the same regiment. Another company raised in the county and commanded by Capt John Neely was mustered into the First West Tennessee Infantry in the fall of 1862. The following year this regiment was consolidated with the Sixth Tennessee Cavalry. Company M of the latter regiment was also raised in this county by Capt. John W. Harwood and Lieut. H. L. Neely. During the early period of the war, while Carroll County was subject to the control of the Confederate armies, many of her citizens remained loyal to the United States, fled to the armies of the government for protection, and enlisted in regiments from other States. The guerrillas and bushwhackers were a terror to the people of the county, who suffered much more from their depredations than from the armies of the contending parties. These roving bands of outlaws committed several most brutal and fiendish murders within the county. Since the war the people have become reconciled to the results thereof, and with manifest forgiveness for past offenses, are now peaceable, happy and prosperous. The records of the chancery court were nearly all destroyed during the war, while all the other county records were well preserved.

Towns and Merchants

Samuel Ingram and John Gwin each built a dwelling house on the site of Huntingdon before it became the seat of justice for the county, and John Crockett, the first merchant of the place, built his storehouse on what is now the public square, before the town was surveyed. Other early merchants of Huntingdon were Robert Murray, Ennis Ury and Amer Lake & Co. The first physicians were Jacob White, Robert Nicholson, Gabriel Norman and Dr. Hogg. Thomas Ross located the first tanyard in the town. The merchants during the thirties were those already named, and Clark & Morrison, Everett & Bullard, Edmund Grizzard, G. W. Grizzard and others. After 1840 Thomas K. Wiley and Thomas Hall became merchants of the place, and they and some of those already named continued in business until the beginning of the civil war, when all mercantile business was suspended and remained so until the war closed. When peace was restored, A. R. Hall, Allen & Dougherty, Joseph McCracken and A. C. MeNeal & Co. were the first merchants to resume business. The present business and business men of the town are as follows: Dry goods, Joseph McCracken, S. N. Williams, Priest & Son, J. C. McNeal and Carter & Priest family groceries, Lee Brothers, E. G. Ridgeley, J. Finley, Frank Johnson and W. T. Warren drugs, C. P. Priestley and Dr. John Threadgill hardware, Samuel Hendricks. In addition to the above there is the milliner store of Mrs. Mollie Grizzard, two jewelry stores, two livery stables, two undertaker’s shops, one tin shop, one meat shop, one wagon and other mechanics’ shops, and three drinking saloons. The hotels are the Easen House, Ownsby House and Brown House. There is a grist-mill, sawmill, planing-mill, stave factory and shingle-mill all combined, and the proprietors, Wilder & Dalton, do an extensive business. There is also the steam cotton-gin of J. F. Leach & Co. which gins and puts up from ten to twelve bales of cotton per day. The benevolent societies are the Masonic Fraternity, K. of H. and Golden Cross. The religious denominations are Southern Methodist, Cumberland Presbyterian and Christian. The latter has no church edifice. The colored people have three churches: Methodist, Cumberland Presbyterian and. Baptist. The first newspaper published in Carroll County, was the Huntingdon Advertiser, the first number of which was published at Huntingdon, July 8, 1839, by W. W. Gates, who advocated the principles of the Whig party. After the suspension of this paper another one, known as the Courier, was established about the year 1849 by C. R. P. Byers. A few years later the Carroll Patriot, was established by Wm. H. Hawkins, and published until the beginning of the civil war. In 1868 The West Tennesseean was established by Dr. A. W. Hawkins, and afterward merged into the Huntingdon Courier, and published about two years. The Tennessee Republican, was established in March, 1870, by E. G. Ridgeley, and its publication is still continued. About the same time or a little later The Vindicator was established by Grizzard & Algee, who published it about two years, and then T. H. Baker published The Democrat for a short time. Huntingdon was incorporated November 14, 1823, re-incorporated January 2, 1850, and the charter was so amended in March, 1883 as to require the mayor and marshal to be elected by a popular vote instead of by the aldermen as was the former custom. حضرة. George T. McCall is the present mayor. The town has a pleasant and healthy location on high rolling ground, and its population is about 800.

McKenzie is situated at the crossing of the Nashville & Northwestern and the Louisville & Memphis Railroads. It was surveyed and platted in 1865 on lands belonging to James M. McKenzie, and buildings began at once to be erected, and the foundation for a prosperous town was at once established. A. G. Gilbert was the first merchant, and the next McKenzie & McClintoch and Mebane, Elbow & Covington. The town now contains four dry goods stores, six family groceries, two drug stores, one hardware store, three drinking saloons, two railroad depots, four steam cotton-gins, one planing-mill, one flouring-mill, two saw-mills, a livery stable, wagon and carriage shop, other mechanic shops, tw& hotels, the McKenzie House and Briant House one weekly newspaper, the. Tri-County News, established in 1882 and published by H. C. Lawhon two colleges, two public schools, white and colored, and three churches Methodist, Cumberland Presbyterian and Baptist also two colored churches, Cumberland Presbyterian and Baptist. The population of McKenzie is about 1,000. Being located, as it was, on uncleared land, many of the forest trees have been preserved for shade, and altogether the town has a very attractive appearance. Trezevant on the Louisville & Memphis Railroad, ten miles southwest of McKenzie, was established in 1859 on lands belonging to L. B. White and W. A. Marshall. The first merchants were A. White and R. H. Algee. The former was the first postmaster. The business of the town now consists of five dry goods stores, two family groceries, one drug store, one grist-mill and three cotton-gins. The churches are the Cumberland Presbyterian, established in 1862 Baptist Mission, 1866 Southern Methodist, 1870, and Christian, 1875. The population of the place is about 400. Hollow Rock which took its name from a natural curiosity, being a large hollow rock located there, is nine miles east of Huntingdon on the Nashville & Northwestern Railroad. It was established soon after the close of the war, and its first merchants were Aaron Lipe and John G. Martin. It now has three general stores, one drug store, a good academy and four churches in its vicinity, viz.: Missionary Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Methodist and Southern Methodist.

McLemoresville, nine miles west of Huntingdon and the place where the county was organized, is now only a post hamlet, containing two stores, a steam cotton-gin, and a good school, the Methodist Institute, and it has a population of about 150. In the early history of the county, and before railroads were established through it, McLemoresville was a place of considerable business importance. Clarksburg, nine miles south of Huntingdon, is a post village which was established about the year 1850 on lands of Peter Wood. Kelly Clark was its first merchant. It has three general stores, a drug store, grist-mill, cotton-gin and about 100 inhabitants. Buena Vista, about eight miles east of Huntingdon, was established about the year 1850 on lands of Thomas A. Pasture. W. P. Chambers, its first merchant, is still in the business there. It has two general stores, a cotton-gin, a Baptist Church and a good academy. Atwood, four miles southwest of Trezevant and on the same railroad, was established in 1872 on lands owned by J. H. W. Cage. The first merchants of the place were W. H. Scalloin and J. J. Clark. The postoffice was established the, same year, and J. H. W. Cage was the first postmastcr. The town now contains four general stores, a cotton-gin, gristmill and saw-mill, and two churches, Methodist and Baptist, the former hay-in been established in 1859, and the latter in 1874. The village has 118 inhabitants. The Shiloh Cotton Factory was established about the year 1850, in the Ninth Civil District, by Prince, Carson & Co. who prior to the war manufactured cotton yarns. Since the war the property passed into the hands of Messrs. Cheek, Ethridge & Co. who for a number of years manufactured carpet warp. They have recently changed the business and now manufacture woolen goods entirely.

Among the pioneer school teachers of the county were Soloman Perry, Wm. H. Province, Henry M. Bunch and Samuel Winn. In early times there were but few schools in the county, and they were supported by the subscription of the parents patronizing them, and were all of a primary character. Later as the population increased, academies were established at the villages throughout the county, and more competent teachers were employed. But all children residing at too great distance to attend such academies, and whose parents were not able to send them away to school, had but meager opportunities for obtaining an education before the inauguration of the free school system adopted since the civil war. Some statistics from the report of S. E. Tucker, the county school superintendent, for the last school year, 1886, will show the progress being made under this system. The items copied are as follows: “Scholastic population: White—male, 3,190 female, 3,129 total, 6,319. Colored—male, 1,008 female, 1,017 total, 2,025. Pupils enrolled in the schools during the year: White—male, 2,414 female, 2,214 total, 4,628. Colored—male, 648 female, 660 total, 1,308.” From the foregoing it will be seen that of the scholastic population 1,791 white children, more than one-fourth of the whole number, and 717 of the colored children, nearly one-third of the whole number, were not enrolled in the public schools. This proves that the free school system is not as yet well sustained in this county. This is probably due to the fact that there were seventeen private schools sustained in the county during the same year. Several of the small villages each sustained a good academy. Huntingdon has a high school which employs a principal and two assistant teachers. This school is run five months in the year under the free school system, and five months as a private school. The county of Carroll is fortunate in having two good colleges, both located at the town of McKenzie, viz.: Bethel College and McTyeire Institute. The former was founded at McLemoresville in 1847, and became a chartered school in 1850. Its presidents before the civil war, named in succession, were Rev. B. N. Roach, Rev. C. J. Brady, Rev. A. Freeman, D. D., and Rev. Felix Johnson, D. D. The school was suspended during the continuance of the civil war, after which Rev. B. W. McDonald, D. D., Rev. J. S. Howard, A. M., and Rev. M. Liles, were presidents until 1871, when the school was moved to McKenzie, and Rev. W. W. Hendricks, then conducting the Hendricks High School, was chosen president. He superintended the construction of the main building, consisting of eight rooms, at a cost of $7,000. Two additional rooms were joined to the main building in 1886. The whole is constructed of brick, and finished in modern architectural style. Dr. Hendricks served as president until 1882, when he was succeeded by W. B. Sherrill, who served until June 1886, when Rev. John L. Dickens was unanimously chosen to fill that office. The college has an excellent faculty, a thorough course of study, and about 200 students in attendance.

The history of the McTyeire Institute as published with the minutes of the Paris District Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, is as follows: “This school was founded September, 1867, by Capt. H. C. Irby, A. M., and called the McKenzie Male and Female Institute. In 1871 he associated with himself E. H. Randle, A. M., and chartered it as McKenzie College. They continued joint principals until the retirement of Capt. Irby, in 1874, when Mr. Randle became sole president, remaining until the close of the spring term of 1877. The Rev. Preston A. Miller, A. M., of Georgia, was then elected president, and remained one year he was followed in 1878 by L. W. Galbreath, A. M., who likewise retired at the close of one session. Dr. A. P. Waterfield, who had owned the college property for some years, secured the services of the Rev. Edwin B. Chappell, B. A. (Vanderbilt), and W. D. Vandiver, Ph. B. (Central), as joint principals. He also produced some change in the. character of the college, advertising it as a fitting, rather than a finishing school—a classical training school, auxiliary to the Vanderbilt and. other higher educational institutions. Mr. Vandiver’s health failing, he returned to Missouri in 1880, and Granville Goodloe, M. A., another Vanderbilt graduate, was associated with brother Chappell they continued in charge of the school two years. During this time the college was sold to the Rev. H. M. Sears, as a boarding-house for young ladies, and. the trustees of the Methodist Church built a fine brick academy, which was so far completed as to be occupied by the school in the spring of 1882. The trustees named this new building McTyeire Institute, in honor of our present beloved senior bishop. The same year brother Chappell, believing that he ought to enter the regular work of the ministry, provided for his retirement by the election of E. R. Williams, A. M., principal,” who, with Mr. Goodloe, continued in charge of the school until September, 1886, when the latter resigned and was succeeded by Rev. J, H. Harrison, A. B. (Vanderbilt). It is accepted as the authorized school of the Methodist Church by the Paris, Union City, Dyersburg and Bolivar Districts. In 1882 the church came in possession of the property, as well as the school.

The pioneer churches of Carroll County were the Baptists, Presbyterians, Cumberland Presbyterians and Methodists, and among the pioneer ministers were Rev. Willis Bridges, Rev. Benjamin Peeples, Rev. Robert Baker, Parson Wear, Rev. Johnson, Rev. Allen T. Graves, Rev. Samuel McNutt, Revs. James and Robert Hurt, Rev. Wm. Bigham, Rev. Beuben Burrow and Rev. Abner Cooper. These ministers were all among the early settlers of the county, and they and other pious men and women led the way into the wilderness and established religious societies in various parts of the county, as soon as enough persons could be assembled together for that purpose. And the above named religious denominations have always been the leading churches in the county, and now have church edifices in all of the towns and villages, as well as in all parts of the county, so that the people are fully and conveniently supplied with opportunities for public worship. The Christian, and other churches, have also been established within the county. The first camp-meeting was held, in a very early day at the Shiloh Camp-ground in the northern part of the county, by the Cumberland Presbyterians. And the next camp-meeting was held by the Methodists at Carter’s Chapel. Afterward, camp-meetings were held at Black’s Camp-ground in the southwestern part of the county, and at William’s Camp-ground in the eastern part of the county. And later the Christian Church established a camp-ground about twelve miles south of Huntingdon, where they held annual meetings. No services have been held at any of these campground for many years. But the Methodists continued to keep their campground at Chapel Hill in the northeastern part of the county, in order, and to hold their annual meetings there.

Acknowledgments

Acknowledgments are hereby made to ex-Gov. Alvin Hawkins, Dr. A. W. Hawkins, W. G. Crockett and Judge G. W. Humble, and others, for valuable information pertaining to the history of Carroll County. Mr. Crockett is the only survivor of the first settlers of Huntingdon, being a lad when his father, John Crockett, settled there and opened the first store.


The "Register of Commissioned and Warrant Officers of the United States Navy and Marine Corps" was published annually from 1815 through at least the 1970s it provided rank, command or station, and occasionally billet until the beginning of World War II when command/station was no longer included. Scanned copies were reviewed and data entered from the mid-1840s through 1922, when more-frequent Navy Directories were available.

The Navy Directory was a publication that provided information on the command, billet, and rank of every active and retired naval officer. Single editions have been found online from January 1915 and March 1918, and then from three to six editions per year from 1923 through 1940 the final edition is from April 1941.

The entries in both series of documents are sometimes cryptic and confusing. They are often inconsistent, even within an edition, with the name of commands this is especially true for aviation squadrons in the 1920s and early 1930s.

Alumni listed at the same command may or may not have had significant interactions they could have shared a stateroom or workspace, stood many hours of watch together… or, especially at the larger commands, they might not have known each other at all. The information provides the opportunity to draw connections that are otherwise invisible, though, and gives a fuller view of the professional experiences of these alumni in Memorial Hall.


Barangay 171

The population development of Barangay 171 as well as related information and services (Wikipedia, Google, images).

اسمحالةتعداد السكان
التعداد
2000-05-01
تعداد السكان
التعداد
2010-05-01
تعداد السكان
التعداد
2015-08-01
Barangay 171 Barangay33,15280,93198,166
Caloocanمدينة1,177,6041,489,0401,583,978

مصدر: National Statistics Office of the Philippines (web), National Statistical Coordination Board (web).

تفسير: Area figures are computed by using geospatial data.


Carroll DE-171 - History

Welcome to this
Carroll County Illinois
Genealogy Trails Website

Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers


This Genealogy Trails legacy site has been retired and is not available for adoption.

We do have many other county sites available for adoption, so.
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic webpage-making skills, consider joining us!
Get the details on our Volunteer Page .
[A desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage is required.]


We regret that we are unable to do personal research for anyone.
ستتم إضافة جميع البيانات التي نتلقاها إلى هذا الموقع.
نشكرك على الزيارة ونأمل أن تعود مرة أخرى لعرض التحديثات التي نجريها على هذا الموقع.

Happy Trails to you on your quest for your ancestors.

Carroll County
Carroll County was formed in 1839 out of Jo Daviess County.
The county is named for Charles Carroll who signed the Declaration of Independence. Carroll, who died in 1832, was the last signer to die.
The county seat is Mount Carroll

The historical town of Savanna is here in Carroll County right on the Mississippi River. When the trains and riverboats rules this town was a hustle and bustle of excitement and adventure. People from far and wide passed through Savanna, some moved on but many left their mark. Further inland is the county seat of Mt. Carroll, complete with a Courthouse Square. The city of Mt. Carroll, although up to date and progressive, is still a place where time stands still. The brick streets can still be found, the old buildings and stores are still used. A drive through town makes you feel like you would want to live there.

Cities
Lanark * Mt. Carroll * Savanna
Villages
Milledgeville * Chadwick * Shannon * Thomson

Carroll County is divided into these twelve townships:
Cherry Grove-Shannon * Elkhorn Grove * Fairhaven * Freedom * Mount Carroll * Rock Creek-Lima *
Salem * Savanna * Washington * Woodland * Wysox * York

Many thanks to these Fans of Free Genealogy who have contributed so much to this website over the years:


محتويات

Carroll was assigned to convoy escort duty, with its heavy demands for vigilance, ability to steam in all weather, and optimum readiness for duty at all times. Between 1 January 1944 and 9 May 1945, she made eight voyages between Norfolk, Virginia, and Gibraltar, Casablanca, Bizerte, and Algeria, guarding the men and supplies destined to carry the war through southern Europe. Between convovs, Carroll received necessary attention at east coast shipyards, and sharpened her training with exercises in Casco Bay.


عمليات مسرح المحيط الهادئ في الحرب العالمية الثانية

With the coming to the European theater of the victory in which she had played a significant part, Carroll was reassigned to the Pacific Fleet, to which she reported at Cristobal, Canal Zone, on 9 June 1945. She sailed to San Diego, California, and Pearl Harbor for exercises through 15 July, when she sailed for Eniwetok, Saipan, and Ulithi, arriving on 17 August.

Until 3 November 1945, Carroll patrolled the smaller islands of the Palau group searching for by-passed Japanese garrisons and prisoners of war. On 6 October, the surrender of Sonsorol, Fanna, Merir, and Tobi Islands was signed on her decks. She then furnished supplies, and supervised the evacuation of the islands by the Japanese.


شاهد الفيديو: diagrama de carroll 105 (أغسطس 2022).