بودكاست التاريخ

عمود البازلت مع الكتابة المسمارية ، أرمينيا

عمود البازلت مع الكتابة المسمارية ، أرمينيا


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.


الكتابة المسمارية لروسا الثانية ملك مملكة فان

تتعلق الكتابة المسمارية للملك روسا الثاني على مسلة بازلتية ببناء قناة مائية من نهر هرازدان (إلداروني) ، بالإضافة إلى تضحيات للآلهة بسبب هذا الحدث.

استقبلت روسا الثانية (680-640 قبل الميلاد) ، ملك مملكة فان ، دولة كبيرة دمرتها الصراعات السابقة. وأعرب عن أمله في إثراء البلاد من خلال أعمال البناء التوسعية. تم بناء العديد من المدن والطرق وأنابيب المياه وقنوات الأمبير بأمر منه. لا تزال إحدى قنواته المائية الأكثر شهرة تحمل اسمه.

تدل الكتابة المسمارية على أهمية منطقته التاريخية:

إلى الله هالدي ،
ابن أرغيشتي روسا
كرس هذا النصب.
مع جلالة هالدي ،
يقول روسا بن أرغشتي:
كان حقل Kuarlini
أرض عذراء
لا شيء كان عليه.
بأمر هالدي ،
زرعت هذا الكرم ،
تم إنشاؤها هنا حقول القمح والحدائق ،
بنى مدينة جديدة ،
وضعت قناة مياه نهر إلداروني
وأطلق عليها اسم Umeshe.
عندما يكون هذا المجال من روسا
يسقى ،
أحضر ماعزًا واحدًا
وتضحي به لله هالدي ،
شاة لله هالدي ،
شاة لله تيشبع.
شاة لله شيفين ،
ضحية واحدة للإله أنيك.
روسا بن ارغشتي.
من هو ملك جبار
ملك مملكة العالم العظيمة ،
ملك فان ،
ملك الملوك وملك مدينة توسبا ،
يقول ابن أجيسثتي روسا:
من يكسر هذا النقش ،
يدفنها في الماء ،
يغيره ويبتعد عن الشمس
أو تقول "تدمير" ،
يقول لآخر "أنا أمتثل" ،
ويمحو اسمي
ويكتب خاصة بهم ،
سواء كانوا من فان أو لولور [العدو] ،
دع الآلهة هالدي ، تيشيبا ، شيفين |
لا ترحمهم
ولا تتركوا اسمهم ولا عائلتهم
على الأرض.

الكتابة المسمارية لروسا الثانية ملك مملكة فان مملكة فان


Argishtikhinili - أرمينيا القديمة

Argishtikhinili (بالقرب من مدينة Armavir الحالية) كانت مدينة قديمة في مملكة فان (Urartu) تأسست في عهد الملك Argishti الأول وسميت باسمه على الضفة اليسرى لنهر Araks ، في مجراه الأوسط.

كانت المدينة موجودة في القرنين الثامن والسادس قبل الميلاد. تقع أنقاض قلعة Argishtikhinili المركزية على بعد 15 كم جنوب غرب Armavir ، بين قريتي Nor Armavir و Armavir في مقاطعة Armavir في أرمينيا. بمرور الوقت ، تحول مجرى النهر إلى الجنوب وهو الآن يقع على بعد بضعة كيلومترات من Argishtikhinili.

في بداية حكمه عام 786 قبل الميلاد ، قام الملك أرغيشتي الأول بعدة حملات في وادي أرارات بمنطقة بحيرة سيفان ونهر أخوريان. في عام 782 قبل الميلاد ، بنى قلعة Erebuni كمعقل للحملات المستقبلية.

أدت الاشتباكات مع الآشوريين على الحدود الجنوبية الغربية للمملكة لمدة أربع سنوات إلى تأخير تقدم أرغشتي الأول. ومع ذلك ، استؤنفت حملاته في عام 776 قبل الميلاد. تأسست في نفس العام ، كانت مدينة Argishtikhinili تقع في وسط وادي Ararat وكان لها غرض إداري أكثر من العسكرية.

كتب أرغشتي الأول في سجلاته أن المدينة بُنيت في موقع مستوطنة أقدم في بلد عر ، وتؤكد الحفريات الأثرية ذلك من خلال وجود طبقات ثقافية من الألفية الثالثة أو الأولى قبل الميلاد تحت المدينة.

كانت منطقة أرغيشتيخينيلي مستطيلة الشكل وتمتد في العرض لمسافة كيلومترين وطولها خمسة.

في الأجزاء الشرقية والغربية من المدينة ، كانت هناك قلاع - حصون حجرية. على طول الضواحي الطويلة لمنطقة المدينة امتدت قنوات الري التي يبلغ طولها الإجمالي حوالي أربعين كيلومتراً.

في أراضي المنطقة الاقتصادية المنتشرة على عدة تلال نائية ، كانت هناك مباني حضرية. أقيمت جدران من الطوب حول المدينة مع أبراج ضخمة في الزوايا.

سمحت الأراضي الخصبة في الوادي لسكان Argishtikhinili بزراعة أنواع مختلفة من Gramineae والعنب ، وكذلك احتواء الدواجن والخنازير. كما تم تطوير صناعة الفخار والحدادة بشكل جيد في المدينة.

بدأ تدهور المدينة ، مثل مملكة فان بأكملها ، في سنوات ساردوري الثاني بعد هزيمته في معركة مع الآشوريين. يفترض أنه في عام 600 قبل الميلاد ، استولى الميديون أو السكيثيون على أرغيشتيخينيلي وأضرموا فيها النيران.

حوالي القرن الرابع قبل الميلاد ، تم بناء Armavir في موقع Argishtikhinili. في عام 331 قبل الميلاد ، عندما استعادت أرمينيا تحت حكم سلالة يرفاندوني استقلالها عن الإمبراطورية الأخمينية ، تم اختيار أرمافير كعاصمة لأرمينيا.

جزء من الكتابة المسمارية لروسا الثالثة على بناء مخزن للحبوب في أرغيشتيخينيلي. منظر للتل حيث تقع أرقيشتخينيلي. بقايا أساسات بازلتية لجدران قلعة أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد أعمال الترميم الأثري في السبعينيات. المدينة الداخلية. بقايا أساسات بازلتية لجدران قلعة أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد أعمال الترميم الأثري في السبعينيات. المدينة الداخلية. بقايا أساسات بازلتية لجدران قلعة أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد أعمال الترميم الأثري في السبعينيات. نظام قناة الري. بقايا أساسات بازلتية لجدران قلعة أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد أعمال الترميم الأثري في السبعينيات. حدود تقريبية لأراضي أرغيشتيخينيلي الزراعية. بقايا أساسات بازلتية لجدران قلعة أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد أعمال الترميم الأثري في السبعينيات. تم بناء حدود أرمافير القديمة على أنقاض أرغيشتيخينيلي بعد 200 عام من تدميرها. نقش مسماري: "بعظمة الإله هالدي ، وضع أرغشتي ، ابن مينوا ، هذه القناة. كانت الأرض غير مأهولة بالسكان ، ولم يكن هناك من يعيش فيها. بناء على طلب الله هالدي ، بنى أرغيشتي هذه القناة. ارجشتي بن منوع ملك جبار ملك بلاد بينيلي ورئيس مدينة توشفا. نقش مسماري: يقول أرغشتي بن مينوا: بنيت حصنًا رائعًا واخترت لها اسمًا - أرغشتيخينيلي. كانت الأرض مقفرة ولم يتم بناء أي شيء هناك. وضعت أربع قنوات من النهر ، وزرعت كرمًا وبستانًا ، وأنجزت مآثر هناك & # 8230 أرغشتي ، ابن مينوا ، الملك القوي ، ملك بلاد بياينيلي ، حاكم مدينة توشبا. " إحدى الأواني القرمزية الطينية العديدة الموجودة في مخازن النبيذ في أرغيشتيخينيلي. تم دفن Karases في الأرض بنسبة 80 ٪ من ارتفاعها ، وكان الجزء الموجود في الأرض محفوظًا بشكل أفضل من الرقبة التي بقيت بالخارج. تم تخزين أكثر من 160 ألف لتر من النبيذ في مثل هذه الكاراتيس في أرغيشتيخينيلي. أحجار طحن مصممة لطحن الحبوب وتحويلها إلى دقيق. أحجار طحن مصممة لطحن الحبوب وتحويلها إلى دقيق - نوع يدوي على اليسار ونوع مطحنة على اليمين.

الأكراد ، الذين اضطهدتهم الدولة التركية ، بدأوا الآن فقط في مواجهة الدور الذي لعبوه في الإعدام الجماعي للأرمن قبل قرن من الزمان.

ديار بكر & [مدش] متكئًا على عمود من البازلت ، ينادي الشاب محمد إينيس بصوته القصبي أي شخص يقترب ، معلنًا عن نظرة فاحصة على الموقع التاريخي هنا في مدينة ديار بكر التركية الشرقية. & ldquo هل تريد الزيارة؟ & quot يسأل الصبي. & quot إن Surp Giragos هي أقدم كنيسة أرمينية في الشرق الأوسط بأكمله. آوت 3000 مصلي ودمر مدفع برج الجرس في عام 1915. & rdquo

محمد أصغر من أن يلعب في أنقاض سورب جيراغوس ، وتم ترميمه وإعادة افتتاحه للمصلين في عام 2011. كما أنه أصغر من أن يفهم تمامًا المذابح والترحيلات التي شهدتها هذه الجدران ، هذه المدينة ، هذا الجزء من منطقة الأناضول التركية. ، ما يقرب من قرن من الزمان قبل ولادته.

لا يزال أطفال ديار بكر الذين يسمعون قرع الأجراس في وقت الاستراحة يعرفون بالفعل أكثر مما ستخبرهم به كتب التاريخ المدرسية عن الإبادة الجماعية للأرمن ، التي بدأت قبل 100 عام هذا الأسبوع.

في كثير من الأحيان ، في وقت مبكر جدًا ، عندما يتعلق الأمر بتركيا والإبادة الجماعية للأرمن ، يُفهم إنكار الدولة التركية و rsquos على أنه إنكار للمجتمع ككل. من شأن ذلك أن ننسى أن ذكرى الشعب الأرمني محفورة في الأرض التي عاشوا فيها لفترة طويلة ، وفي أذهان الشعوب التي عاشوا جنبًا إليها منذ فترة طويلة ، بما في ذلك السكان الآخرون الذين لديهم تاريخ من الصراع مع الدولة التركية: الأكراد .

& ldquo يعلم الناس في هذه المنطقة أن هناك إبادة جماعية ولا ينفونها ، ويقول آرام هاسيكيان ، وكنيسة سورب جيراغوس وصي رسكووس.

يتحدث آرام عن جده ، الذي كان يتيمًا عام 1915 ، استولى عليه كردي اعتنق الإسلام ، لكنه أخفى أنه أرمني. في عائلتنا ، على عكس ما حدث في العائلات الأخرى ، لم يكن هذا سرًا أبدًا. & rdquo

في عام 1914 ، كان يعيش حوالي 60 ألف أرمني في ديار بكر ، كما يشير عدنان سيليك ، الباحث في المدرسة الباريسية للدراسات المتقدمة في العلوم الاجتماعية. & ldquoIt & rsquos موقعًا رمزيًا للإبادة الجماعية لأنه كان هناك سكان مختلطون هنا و [مدش] من الأرمن والأكراد والسريان والتركمان ، & quot ؛ يقول سيليك.

هذه هي أيضًا المقاطعة ، التي أطلق حاكمها محمد رشيد لقب & quotbutcher ديار بكر & quot ؛ أرسل برقية سيئة السمعة في عام 1915 يهنئ فيها نفسه على أنه حكم على ما يصل إلى 160.000 أرمني بالترحيل والموت.

عدنان جليك ، الذي كانت جدته أيضًا أ بافيله (كلمة كردية تستخدم للإشارة إلى الأرمن الذين اعتنقوا الإسلام) ، نشر مؤخرًا كتابًا عن ذكرى الإبادة الجماعية التي تعرض لها الشعب الكردي في ديار بكر. & ldquo غياب الأرمن هنا خسارة لا حصر لها. يروي الناس قصصًا عن عنف لا يُصدق بمثل هذه التفاصيل ، وكأنه حدث بالأمس ، "يقول.

توقف عالم الأنثروبولوجيا الشاب لحظة للحديث عن الدور الذي لعبته الحركة السياسية الكردية ، والتي بدأت منذ البداية تتساءل عن الرواية الرسمية للقصة ، وتتحدث عن الإبادة الجماعية والدور الذي لعبه الأكراد في هذه الإبادة الجماعية.

الجنة بالسيف

بقدر ما كان متحمسًا ومتحمسًا ، ربما لم يستطع رشيد أن يقود 160.000 أرمني إلى الموت دون مساعدة نشطة من العديد من العائلات المهمة في ديار بكر ورسكووس وزعماء القبائل الكردية. وُعد هؤلاء الرجال وغالبًا ما حصلوا على قطعة أرض أو منزل بعد إعدام المالك الأرميني. المسلمون الموعودون بالجنة مقابل كل سبعة مسيحيين يقتلونهم بحد السيف.

& ldquo حريصًا على تجنب أي مفارقات تاريخية هنا ، & rdquo يحذر عدنان جليك. & ldquo في عام 1915 ، لم تكن هناك ادعاءات قومية من أكراد هذه المنطقة حتى الآن. أولئك الذين شاركوا في الإبادة الجماعية غالبًا ما فعلوا ذلك كمسلمين ضد الكفار غير المسلمين. & rdquo

يبدو عبد الله دميرباس ورسكووس في حالة تأنيب عندما يتحدث عن هؤلاء والأكراد الذين تضللهم الدولة لذبح الأرمن ، على الرغم من أنهم عاشوا بجانبهم لقرون.

قال لي جدي قصة كاهن ، لإقناع كردي واحد بعدم قتله ، من المفترض أنه قال له ، "نحن الفطور ، وأنت ورسكول تكون الغداء."

مثل الكثيرين في ديار بكر ، يرى عبد الله دميرباس ، الزعيم السياسي المحلي ، استمرارًا بين الإبادة الجماعية لأرمن الإمبراطورية العثمانية وعمليات القتل ، بعد عقد من الزمن في بداية الجمهورية التركية حتى نهاية القرن العشرين.

مشهد شارع في ديار باركير و [مدش] الصورة: شروق الشمس أوديسي

& ldquo ومن المهم أن نواجه ، نحن أحفاد أولئك الذين ساعدوا في الإبادة الجماعية ، هذا الماضي ، ليس فقط لتسوية ديوننا ولكن أيضًا لبناء مستقبل معًا ، & rdquo يصر.

بالنسبة لرئيس بلدية صور السابق ، وهو حي قديم في ديار بكر حيث كان يعيش فيه العديد من الأرمن ، فإن حصة المستقبل معًا & quot هي أكثر من مجرد شعار. في عام 2009 ، لعب عبد الله دميرباس دورًا رئيسيًا في ترميم الكنيسة الأرمنية ، بدعم من مجلس مدينة ديار بكر ومؤسسة سورب جيراغوس.

يعترف دميرباس ، وهو شخصية قوية ورائعة ، بأنه بكى بشدة عندما تم افتتاحه. & ldquo أشعر أنني سددت جزءًا من ديوني ، & rdquo يقول.

يقول آرام حاسيكيان إن الموقع أكثر من مجرد كنيسة: & quotIt & rsquos أصبح نقطة تجمع لجميع الأرمن ، & rdquo يلاحظ ، مستشهداً بزوار من أوروبا وأرمينيا والولايات المتحدة. & ldquo بعض الناس في الشتات أقل خوفًا من القدوم إلى تركيا ، حيث حدثت الإبادة الجماعية ، لأنهم يعرفون أن الكنيسة عادت.

يعتقد عبد الله دميرباس ، رئيس البلدية السابق ، أنه يتعين عليهم المضي قدمًا وتشجيع أرمن ديار بكر على العودة. يذكر مدرسة ، وحتى يعرض لبناء & ldquogenocide متحف. & rdquo

& ldquo يمكننا & rsquot الانتظار حتى تفعل السلطات التركية شيئًا من تلقاء نفسها ، لذلك يجب أن نجبرها على القيام بذلك ، ويقول.

عدنان جليك متشكك أكثر. & ldquo يعترف الكثير من الأكراد بالإبادة الجماعية ويعتذرون ثم ماذا؟ هل هم المذنبون الوحيدون؟ السؤال الحقيقي هو ما الذي ستفعله الدولة التي تنكرها منذ 100 عام.

في الكنيسة وساحة رسكووس ، التي لا تزال مبللة بعد هطول الأمطار الأخير ، أومأ أرمين ديمرجيان برأسه. اكتشف أصوله الأرمنية في سن الثلاثين. قُتل أجداده خلال الإبادة الجماعية. لم يتحدث والده ، البالغ من العمر 4 في عام 1915 ، عن ذلك ولم يسأله أرمين. لكنه الآن يريد أن يعرف ، ويريد أن يعرف العالم أيضًا. & ldquo يمكننا & rsquot الحفاظ على كنس الأوساخ تحت السجادة إلى الأبد ، و rdquo يقول. & ldquo عاجلاً أم آجلاً ، سنضطر إلى رفعها ونفضها ، وترك كل الأوساخ تخرج ليراها الجميع.


النبيذ الأرميني

تم إنتاج أول نبيذ في العالم في أرمينيا منذ أكثر من 6000 عام. لعبت صناعة النبيذ دورًا مهمًا في أورارتو. تشير المصادر الآشورية أيضًا إلى هذا.

خلال الغزو ، أشار الملوك الآشوريون إلى أنواع النبيذ في قوائمهم وكذلك عدد حدائق العنب التي تم تدميرها. يقول فرونزي هاروتيونيان ، المحاضر في أكاديمية النبيذ ، وصانع النبيذ الرئيسي في مصنع ماران للنبيذ ، "كان الأسرى الأكثر طلبًا بالنسبة لهم هم صانعو النبيذ.

أشار ملوك أورارتو في القرن الثامن قبل الميلاد إلى أرمينيا على أنها "أرض مزارع الكروم". بالإضافة إلى ذلك ، تشير النقوش المسمارية الأورارتية إلى ما تم إنشاؤه وغرسه على شرف الإله الخالدي. كانت زراعة العنب بمثابة إنجاز. كما أشار المؤرخون والعلماء المشهورون هيرودوت وسترابو وزينوفون إلى صناعة النبيذ الأرمنية.

الصورة: قبو النبيذ من فترة أورارتو

وفقًا لكتابات هيرودوت ، كان للأرمن علاقات تجارية مع بابل وكانوا يبيعون لهم النبيذ. انتقلت ثقافة صناعة النبيذ من المرتفعات الأرمنية إلى جورجيا وبلاد فارس وبلاد ما بين النهرين ومصر واليونان وروما ، كما أشار هيرودوت إلى أنه في ذلك الوقت كانت آشور تصنع النبيذ أيضًا ، لكن بابل تلقت النبيذ من أرمينيا. هذا يعني أن النبيذ الأرمني كان أفضل بكثير.

كان إحياء صناعة النبيذ في أرمينيا يعتمد دائمًا على وجود الدولة. تطورت صناعة النبيذ مرة أخرى في عهد سلالة باغراتوني عندما كانت أرمينيا مستقلة.

في العصر الوثني ، كان هناك تقليد في أرمينيا. قام الناس بغلي سائل منكه من آلاف النباتات. خلال القرن الأول قبل الميلاد ، تعلم صانع النبيذ Pargev ، الذي عاش في القصر الملكي للملك تردات ، تقطير الكحول من هذا السائل.

زار الإمبراطور الروماني نيرون تردات مع الحاشية الملكية والهدايا ، ويحملون أيضًا هذا السائل المنكه. وفقًا للمؤرخين الرومان ، عندما تذوق نيرون السائل ، أصبح سعيدًا وممتعًا.

بصرف النظر عن الأساطير ، ثبت علميًا أن صناعة النبيذ الأرمنية القديمة لها تاريخ يصل إلى 6000 عام. الصورة: الوفد الأرمني يعرض هدية من النبيذ لداريوس الكبير في برسيبوليس

أول مصنع نبيذ في العالم

أثبتت دراسات بذور العنب التي تم العثور عليها خلال الحفريات الأثرية أنه خلال الألفية 6-5 قبل الميلاد ، قام الأرمن بتكييف العنب البري وقاموا أيضًا بإجراء عمليات تكاثر انتقائي.

اكتشف بعض علماء الإثنوغرافيا وعلماء الآثار ، الذين يستكشفون السيرة الذاتية لثقافة النبيذ ، التي تم اكتشافها بالقرب من قرية Areni في Vayots Dzor ، بالقرب من الجسر المؤدي إلى مجمع Noravank ، في "Bird’s Cave" ، العديد من المعالم الأثرية التي يرجع تاريخها إلى العصور القديمة في العصور الوسطى.

هذا يثبت أن الناس قد عاشوا هناك وانخرطوا أيضًا في زراعة العنب. حتى خلف وادي نورافانك ، هناك آثار لمزارع الكروم التي تعود إلى القرون الوسطى.

في عام 2011 ، تم اكتشاف أقدم مصنع نبيذ في العالم أثناء أعمال التنقيب في مجمع أريني في أرمينيا. الخمرة عمرها 6000 سنة.

في 2007-2008 ، بسبب الحفريات ، أصبح من الممكن اكتشاف بقايا الثقافة المادية التي تعود إلى فترة النحاس والعصر الحجري. من بينها ، داخل القاعة الأولى للكهف ، وجدوا مجمعًا يتكون من هياكل طينية.

استخدم سكان المرتفعات الأرمنية تقاليد صناعة النبيذ وحافظوا عليها. يشير هذا إلى أن الأرمن هم الورثة الاقتصاديون والثقافيون لسكان مملكة فان.

عن كروم فان ، ملك أشور ، يقول سرجون الثاني: "كان العنب يتساقط مثل المطر والنبيذ كان يسيل مثل ماء النهر". في أقدم المعلومات التاريخية التي وصلت إلينا ، يذكر تقنيات تصنيع النبيذ والبيرة المختلفة. يذكر Xenophon ، على وجه الخصوص ، أن النبيذ الأرمني كان ذا جودة عالية وقديم ومتنوع. انتشرت أساليب وتقنيات زراعة الكروم وصناعة النبيذ من أرمينيا إلى البلدان المجاورة منذ آلاف السنين. خلال غارات وسيطرة العرب والأتراك وكذلك السلاجقة ، تم تدمير العديد من بساتين العنب.

الصورة: يحتوي هذا المجمع على أنواع مختلفة من مرافق التخزين. محل الخمرة الذي تم العثور عليه هناك أثار اهتمامًا كبيرًا. بالقرب من مصنع النبيذ ، كانت هناك أيضًا بقايا بذور العنب. خلال أعمال التنقيب ، عثروا أيضًا على أدوات لسحق العنب ، وأواني فخارية محاطة بعناقيد العنب والكروم المجففة ، وحتى كأس لشرب النبيذ. كشفت الدراسات أنه إلى جانب Areni ، لا توجد أماكن أخرى في العالم يوجد بها مثل هذا المجمع من النبيذ.

العنب الأرمني

تم العثور على ما يقرب من 2000 من أصل 6000 نوع من العنب في العالم في أرمينيا. وأشهر الأنواع هي Voskehat و Garran Dmak ("لحم الضأن") و Black Areni و Karmrahyut ("العصير الأحمر") و Nrneni ("شجرة الرمان" ) و Azateni و Mskhali و Kangun و Meghraghbyur ("رائحة العسل") و Nerkarat و Ararat و Shahumyani و Anahit في أرمينيا ، والعديد من الأصناف ذات رائحة مسقط التي تزرع حاليًا في وادي أرارات.

Areni Black هو نوع قوي ومستدام ينمو على المرتفعات الجبلية العالية ، وبالتالي يتمتع بخصائص طعم فريدة للغاية. أظهر تحليل الحمض النووي أن هذا النوع ليس له علاقة أنساب بأي من الكروم الأخرى المعروفة حاليًا. نبيذ Areni Black يتميز بالأناقة والنضارة ، والروائح النموذجية هي الكرز والفلفل الأسود والشاي الأسود. لم يتم تهجين العنب الأرمني أو تغييره بسبب العزلة الجغرافية والأساليب التقليدية للزراعة في 6000 عام الماضية.

في القرن التاسع عشر ، دمرت الأنواع الغازية - فيلوكسيرا (التي تم إحضارها من أمريكا) مزارع الكروم في أوروبا ، تاركة القارة خالية من العنب تقريبًا. كانت الأنواع التي نجت في الغالب من الأنواع الأمريكية التي كانت مقاومة للحشرة. تقريبًا جميع أنواع النبيذ الشهيرة اليوم - كابيرنت ساوفيجنون ، ميرلوت ، بينوت نوير ، ريوخا الإسبانية أو مونتيبولسيانو الإيطالية أصولها أمريكية لأن جذورها لم تكن قادرة على المقاومة والبقاء على قيد الحياة. طفيلي. في أرمينيا ، ظلت الكروم الأصلية سليمة. لم تصل الحشرة ببساطة إلى مرتفعاتها. لذلك ، تم الحفاظ على الجذور القديمة الأصيلة كما كان الحال لآلاف السنين.

العصر الجديد

منذ استعادة استقلالها في عام 1991 ، أعادت جمهورية أرمينيا الفتية إحياء صناعة النبيذ الأسطورية في جميع أنحاء البلاد. بعض أكبر الأسواق التي يتمتع فيها النبيذ الأرمني بنجاح كبير وموجة جديدة من الاعتراف هي الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية والصين وإيطاليا وكندا وسويسرا وفرنسا وبلجيكا وروسيا. تم تقديم النبيذ الأرمني في العديد من المعارض والمسابقات الدولية في ستراسبورغ وأمستردام وشنغهاي ودوسلدورف وموسكو وحازت على العديد من الجوائز والميداليات. الكنيسة الأرمنية القديمة - أقدم كنيسة مسيحية رسمية في العالم لديها عطلة رئيسية مخصصة - تكريس العنب وتجلي السيدة العذراء مريم. إنه أحد الأعياد الخمسة للكنيسة الأرمنية الرسولية. يظهر العنب الأرمني أيضًا في آلاف المخطوطات واللوحات الجدارية التي تعود للقرون الوسطى وخاتشكار الشهيرة - الأحجار المتقاطعة الأرمينية الوحيدة التي تنتشر في كل نصب تذكاري أرمني في العالم.

طعم النبيذ القديم والمتجدد في سويسرا

"Heres Wine" هو الممثل الحصري لأبرز أنواع النبيذ من ستة متاجر أرمنية معروفة وصانعي نبيذ حصريين: مصنع نبيذ أولد بريدج ، ونبيذ ترينيتي ، ونبيذ كور ، ونبيذ كوش ، ونبيذ كاتارو ، ونبيذ فان أردي. إنها تجسد الخصائص الفريدة لـ crème-de-la-crème في صناعة النبيذ الأرمنية وزراعة العنب وتقدم باقة مذهلة للغاية من النكهات القديمة ولكن الأكثر حسية من النبيذ الأرمني.


إعادة اكتشاف دليل أرمينيا - يريفان

كانت أرض أرمينيا اليوم في معظم تاريخها عبارة عن مجتمع ريفي ، مع عدد قليل من المدن الخاصة به. بنيت مدينة يريفان الحديثة على المأساة والأحلام. أكثر من مدينة حامية من الطوب اللبن والحدائق قبل تجربتها القصيرة الأولى كعاصمة لأرمينيا المستقلة في عام 1918 ، ازدهرت المدينة تحت الحكم السوفيتي. غذى تدفق اللاجئين من محرقة عام 1915 وما تلاها تحالفًا غير مستقر ولكنه مثمر بين القومية الأرمنية والآمال السوفيتية في نشر الإنجيل الشيوعي عبر الشتات الأرمني. تم بناء يريفان الحديثة ، عن عمد ، لتكون مركزًا عالميًا وقطب جذب للشتات ، مع بنية تحتية تعليمية وثقافية لا تتناسب مع الحجم أو الثروة الجوهرية لأرمينيا السوفيتية. الآن فقط ، مع الاستقلال ، أصبحت يريفان حقًا مركزًا لكل من جمهورية أرمينيا والشتات الأرمني النائي.

في عام 1988 ، عندما أصبح انهيار الاتحاد السوفيتي واضحًا ، كانت يريفان مدينة سوفياتية كاملة ومزدهرة يبلغ عدد سكانها مليون نسمة. وضع المهندس المعماري ألكسندر تامانيان وخلفاؤه في عشرينيات وثلاثينيات القرن الماضي خطة شوارع كريمة من الحدائق والطرق الدائرية والطرق التي تصطف على جانبيها الأشجار والتي قد تصل إلى 200000 نسمة. تم تجاوز هذا الهدف لفترة طويلة ، وعملية التوسع للوصول إلى عتبة المليون شخص السحرية التي أهلية يريفان لمترو الأنفاق والامتيازات الأخرى لمدينة ذات أهمية كبرى تضمنت الأمناء الأول المتعاقبين لأرمينيا في وسائل دنيئة وزلزال نصف مكتمل- مشاريع البناء المعرضة للخطر في الضواحي المترامية الأطراف والكئيبة. يشهد المركز اليوم طفرة في البناء ، وخطط ألكسندر تامانيان لبناء شارع للمشاة. يمتد من الأوبرا إلى ساحة الجمهورية وهو مشروع ضخم في طريقه. تمت إزالة العديد من أقدم وأرقى المباني الصغيرة في يريفان في هذا الجهد.

عالج نجاح حركة الاستقلال عام 1988 المدينة سلسلة من الصدمات الكبرى ، أولاً مع الهجرة القسرية لسكان مسلمين يبلغون من العمر قرون (معظمهم من الأذربيجانيين الأتراك) ، واستبدالها باللاجئين الفقراء حديثًا من باكو. أدى الانهيار الكارثي للنظام الاقتصادي السوفيتي (أرمينيا صنعت قطعًا عالية التقنية من كل شيء ، لكنها لم تنتج شيئًا عمليًا) أدى إلى الهجرة الاقتصادية لمئات الآلاف من الأرمن الفقراء المتجهين إلى الأضواء الساطعة لموسكو أو غليندال. تم إجراء تعداد موثوق به في عام 2001 ، حيث بلغ عدد سكان البلاد ما يزيد قليلاً عن 3 ملايين نسمة.

تحافظ مدينة يريفان على القليل من تاريخها المبكر في شكل من أشكال الاهتمام للزوار العاديين. ومع ذلك ، خلف الواجهات السوفيتية المجهولة الهوية ، حدثت حياة غنية ومعقدة ولا تزال موجودة ، في "باك" أو في الفناء أو في شقق خاصة مؤثثة بشكل أفضل بكثير - بالكتب والآلات الموسيقية والفن والضيافة - أكثر من 70 عامًا من الثقافة الرسمية أو عقد من الفقر المدقع قد يوحي. هناك الآلاف من Yerevantsis الذين يعرفون ويحبون ويمكنهم تقديم مدينتهم بشكل أفضل بكثير مني ، لذلك تم تصميم هذا الفصل لأولئك الذين ليس لديهم فرصة للبحث عن واحدة ، مع الاعتذار عن ضآلتها.

علم الآثار (القسم 1)

يريفان مكان قديم جدا. تظهر الكهوف الموجودة في جدران مضيق نهر هرازدان ، ولا سيما بالقرب من بحيرة يريفانيان الحديثة ، آثارًا للسكن في العصر الحجري. النحاسي الجوهري مستوطنة شينجافيت، من الناحية العلمية ذات أهمية كبيرة لعصور ما قبل التاريخ للمنطقة بأكملها ، تطفو على المنحدر على الجانب الآخر من البحيرة (من طريق المطار ، اسلك الطريق SE عبر السد ، ثم انعطف يسارًا). هناك سوف تجد الأساسات الدائرية المتداعية لعدد من الأنقاض والمنازل المبنية من اللبن ، والتي كانت محاطة بجدار حجري وممر تحت الأرض يؤدي إلى النهر. تم تحديد أربع مراحل للتسوية ، من نهاية الألفية الرابعة قبل الميلاد. إلى بداية الألفية الثانية قبل الميلاد.

أعطت المملكة الأورارتية المتمركزة على بحيرة فان في شرق تركيا ، يريفان أول زخم كبير لها. بنى Urartians قلعة إيريبوني = 40 = على تل بهذا الاسم في جنوب شرق يريفان. يضم متحف كبير في قاعدة التل المعروف سابقًا باسم Arin Berd العديد من الاكتشافات ، بما في ذلك بعض الأمثلة على الأعمال المعدنية الرائعة في Urartu. القلعة نفسها أسسها أرغشتي الأول بن مينوا ، ملك أورارتو في عام 782 ، أول غزو أورارتي على الجانب الشرقي من أراكس. نحن نعلم هذا على أساس نقش مسماري تم اكتشافه مدمجًا في جدار التحصين عند البوابة ، وهو نقش نصه تقريبًا كما يلي: "بعظمة الإله الخالدي ، بنى أرغشتي بن مينوا هذه القلعة العظيمة ، وأطلق عليها اسم Erebuni ، لقوة Biainili وإرهاب أعدائها. يقول Argishti: الأرض كانت خردة ، قمت هنا بأعمال عظيمة. "يجادل العلماء الأرمن بأنه يمكن للمرء أن يشتق اسم Yerevan من Erebuni من خلال سلسلة من التحولات الصوتية البسيطة ، مما يشير إلى أن الحديث يريفان هي سليل سليل هذا القرن الثامن. قبل الميلاد قلعة. في عام 1998 ، نظم عمدة يريفان احتفالية بمناسبة الذكرى 2780 لميلاد يريفان. وكان وقتا طيبا من قبل الجميع.

تم ترميم الموقع بشكل كبير ، ليس دائمًا جيدًا ، وتحتاج تلك الترميمات بشدة إلى ترميمها الخاص ، مما يجعل من الصعب فصل الجدران الأورارتية الأصلية عن إعادة البناء الفارسية الأخمينية. على أي حال ، ما يكفي من البقاء على قيد الحياة للتعبير عن أن هذا كان مركزًا كبيرًا ومعقدًا ، به أضرحة وغرف فخمة ذات جدران جدارية متقنة ومرافق تخزين رئيسية. يشهد عدد من النقوش المسمارية الأصغر على أحجار البناء البازلتية على "سوزي" ، على ما يبدو معبد أورارتي.

بعد حوالي قرن من بناء Erebuni ، في السنة الأولى لملك Urartian Rusa II ، يبدو أن سكان Erebuni قد انتقلوا إلى قلعة أطلقوا عليها Teishebai URU (City of the God Teisheba) ، الموقع المعروف الآن باسم كرمير طمس ("التل الأحمر"). يطل هذا الموقع على نهر Hrazdan من منحدر في اتجاه مجرى النهر من Shengavit (من طريق المطار ، اعبر السد ، انعطف يمينًا في Aragats Ave. ، ثم يمينًا مرة أخرى على بعد حوالي كيلومتر واحد لأسفل ، وانتقل إلى النهاية). أخذ الموقع اسمه من الكومة الضخمة من الطوب الأحمر المتحلل ، والتي لا يزال بعضها فوق الأسس الحجرية الرائعة لجدار المدينة.

يتلاشى تاريخ يريفان بعد Karmir Blur من حيث الأشياء التي يجب النظر إليها ، حيث فضل الملوك الأرمن الأوائل والغزاة الرومان والفرس Artaxiasata من الجنوب و Vagharshapat / Ejmiatsin في الشمال. أكمل الزلزال المروع عام 1679 الدمار الذي أحدثته الجيوش العربية والمغولية والفارسية والعثمانية على مر القرون. ومع ذلك ، تبقى أجزاء وأجزاء للمستكشف المريض.

قلعة إيريفان (القسم 2)

أعيد تشكيل يريفان في القرن السابع عشر كمدينة فارسية تحرس المسيرات مع الإمبراطورية العثمانية ، وكانت نقطة عسكرية / استراتيجية رئيسية عند تقاطع ثلاث إمبراطوريات. في بداية القرن التاسع عشر ، أرسل الفرنسيون أولاً ثم البريطانيون خبراء عسكريين لدعم بلاد فارس ضد العدوان الروسي. بالاعتماد على خبرتهم ، جعل آخر خان يريفان مقره أقوى وأحدث حصن في الإمبراطورية الفارسية ، مع مصنع مدافع وترسانة. كان القصر كبيرًا وكريمًا ، به نوافير ، وقاعة من المرايا ، وسقوف مطلية تصور البطل الفارسي الملحمي رستم ، وزخارف أخرى للحياة الحضارية.

في عام 1804 ، قاد الأمير تسيتسيانوف جيشًا روسيًا ضد يريفان ، لكنه اضطر إلى الانسحاب ، وانسحب معه عدد من الوجهاء الأرمن وخدمهم إلى جورجيا. بسبب عدم وجود مساعدة أرمينية محلية لقضيته ، كتب الأمير الجورجي المتغطرس رسالة ازدراء في عام 1805 إلى الوجهاء الأرمن البارزين في يريفان ، مليك أبراهام ويوزباشي غابرييل ، عندما توسلوا إليه أن يحاول مرة أخرى:

"الأرمن غير الموثوق بهم مع أرواح فارسية - يمكنك الآن تناول خبزنا ، على أمل أن تشتريه. ولكن إذا لم يزرع شعبك ما يكفي من الحبوب بحلول فصل الخريف للحصول على فائض للبيع ، فاحذر من أنه بحلول الربيع سأفعل ذلك. لمطاردتك ليس فقط إلى يريفان ولكن إلى بلاد فارس. جورجيا ليست مطالبة بإطعام الطفيليات. أما طلبك لإنقاذ أرمن يريفان الذين يموتون بأيدي الكفار: هل يستحق الخونة الحماية؟ دعهم يموتون مثل الكلاب التي يستحقونها في العام الماضي عندما حاصرت قلعة إيريفان ، كان أرمن إريفان ، الذين لا يستحقون حتى ذرة من الشفقة ، يسيطرون على نارين-كالي (ملاحظة: معقل بعيد). كان بإمكانهم تسليمها لي لكنهم فعلوا ذلك. لا ، وأنت يا يوزباشي ، كونك المستشار الرئيسي لمحمد خان من يريفان ، كنت متحالفًا معهم وساعد الخان في مؤامراته وأكاذيبه ضدي. جلالة الإمبراطور هل تعتقد أنني مثل الجنرالات الآخرين ، من لا يدرك أن الأرمن والتتار مستعدون للتضحية بالآلاف من أجل مصلحتهم؟ . هل تعتقد إذن أنه يمكنني الاعتماد على كلمة اثنين من يوزباش وفرس ، الذين يعدون بتسليم القلعة عند ظهور القوات الروسية؟ . "(مقتبس في بورنوتيان 1998)

قُتل تسيتسيانوف في عام 1806 خارج أسوار باكو ، ولم تكن خسارته مؤسفة. كان القادة الروس المستقبليون أكثر دبلوماسية ، ووجدوا أرمن يريفان حلفاء أفضل ، على الرغم من عدم قدرتهم بأي حال من الأحوال على تحرير أنفسهم من 3000 جندي من الحامية الفارسية. حاول الجنرال جودوفيتش وفشل في عام 1808 ، لكن الجنرال باسكفيتش نجح في دخول يريفان في 2 أكتوبر 1827 ، كما ورد في ملخص مكتب الحرب البريطاني:

"بمجرد أن تولى باسكويتش منصب القائد العام (ملاحظة: في عام 1827) ، كان لديه قطار حصار تم نقله إلى حي إيريفان ، الذي كان الحصن لا يزال يحتفظ به الفرس. ترك القطار في معقل بالقرب من إيريفان ، وسار to Abasabad, a new and regular European fortress on the banks of the Arax near Nachitschevan. This place opened its gates to him. Sardarabad, a large fortified village on a canal fed by the Arax, was next taken, and the stock of provisions found in it placed Paskiewitch in a position to commence the siege of Erivan. Erivan had already been twice unsuccessfully besieged, and was considered almost impregnable. The fortifications consisted of two walls, an outer 25 feet and an inner 35 feet high round three sides the steep cliff of the ravine of the Zangi formed a natural defense on the fourth side. Two weak detached bastions on European principles had been added since an attack by General Gudevich. Trenches were advanced under the natural cover of the ground almost up to the foot of the walls. The batteries effected a breach in a single day's firing many of the garrison deserted during the night, and on the following day Erivan was taken by assault."

Paskevich continued S to Tabriz, and forced Persia to cede all the territory N of the Arax river to the Russian Empire in the Treaty of Torkmenchay. Paskevich was rewarded with the title Count of Yerevan, and went on to further glory as the brutal suppressor of a revolt in Poland. Meanwhile, tens of thousands of Armenians flocked into the liberated territories from Persia and the Ottoman empire.

Yerevan itself remained a garrison town, but the fortress had lost its importance. When Berge visited Yerevan in January 1848, he reported that the thick, crenellated mud-brick walls of the Yerevan fortress were already deeply crevassed, dissolving in the rain as mud-brick does unless roofed and maintained. The Sardar's superficially splendid palace slowly melted as well, and had become an eyesore by mid-century. In Soviet times, the last traces of the fortress disappeared the hulking basalt prison of the Yerevan Wine Factory marks the site, though the fortress walls once extended up and down the river as well as back toward town. An inscription in Armenian on the lower wall of the Wine Factory commemorates the staging in 1827 of a play by Griboyedov, a Russian diplomat/writer in Paskevich's entourage, who was murdered in 1829 with the rest of the Russian Embassy in Tehran.

<googlemap version="0.9" lat="40.180382" lon="44.514799" zoom="14"></googlemap>

The City (Section 3)

In 1827, Yerevan was a town of 1736 low mud-brick houses, 851 shops, 10 baths, seven caravansaries, and six public squares, set among gardens likewise walled with mud. Czar Nikolai I found no more endearing description for Yerevan during his one brief visit in 1837 than "a clay pot," and the Russian travel writer Mardovtsiev found little difference in the 1890s: "Clay houses with flat clay roofs, clay streets, clay squares, clay surroundings, in all directions clay and more clay." Yerevan remained a garrison town of 12,500 inhabitants, more than half Muslim, a place of low, flat-roofed houses and lush walled gardens, until the 20th century. Practically nothing of this earlier town remains, except in Kond, tucked between Saryan St. and the Dvin Hotel on Proshian ("Barbecue") and Paronian Streets. The hill of Kond was a predominantly Armenian neighborhood in Persian times, presided over by the Geghamian family of meliks, Kond is the neighborhood that preserves a taste of the city's oriental past. Set apart for preservation in Soviet times, Kond's winding alleyways and tumbledown houses are now being razed surreptitiously to build orange tuff palaces for Yerevan's post-Soviet gentry. But a careful search still reveals crumbling archways and courtyards of an older Armenia.

The easiest access to Kond is by parking in front of the large Post office on Saryan St, and then walking uphill on the road to the left of the post office. Take a short right at the top of the road (behind the post office now) and then the first left up an alley of sorts. A quick left again on the next alley will wind you along a road of clay-walled houses and past an arch with a keystone dated 1863. Continuing around the houses, bearing left at each interestion, will bring you back to your starting point.

The Medieval Bridge (Section 4)

The decayed remnants of a four-arched bridge of 1679 stand on the Hrazdan river just below the fortress, now the site of the Yerevan Wine Factory at the bottom of Mashtots Blvd. Built just after the great earthquake at the expense of the wealthy merchant Hoca P'ilavi, this bridge (also known as the Red Bridge from the tuff used) was extensively modified in 1830 by the Russians. There had been a bridge at this site since very early times, the only connection between the city-fortress of Yerevan and the rich farmlands and caravan routes of the Arax valley.

Churches (Section 5)

In 1828 there were seven Armenian Apostolic churches in Yerevan with a like number of clergy, serving an Armenian population of perhaps 4000. Four of those churches, two of them tiny, survived the Soviet period before the grand cathedral church of S. Grigor Lusavorich was built in 2001 just E of Republic Square, only one-tenth of one percent of Yerevan's population could attend services at any given moment.

The oldest surviving church in Yerevan, the Katoghike, stands nestled in a courtyard on the W side of Abovian Street just above Sayat Nova Blvd. Its current form dates to 1936 , when the old cathedral church of Yerevan, a substantial but undistinguished basilica rebuilt in 1693/4, was slated for destruction in the name of urban renewal. The archaeologists won a modest concession from Stalin's architects, that they could oversee the dismantling and record the inscriptions and architectural fragments incorporated in the rubble walls. Lo and behold, as the walls came down it became clear that the central apse, the sanctuary, was in fact an almost intact small Astvatsatsin church with inscriptions from the 13th century. Public and scientific outcry won the newly discovered church a reprieve, and since independence it has resumed its religious function, albeit invisibly from the main streets. In front of the church is a small collection of khachkar and other sculpted fragments from the core of the destroyed basilica.

The 17th c. Poghos-Petros (Peter and Paul) church was not so fortunate, destroyed to build the Moscow Cinema. Likewise the S. Grigor Lusavorich church, begun in 1869 but not finished till 1900, gave way to the widening of Amiryan Blvd, and sits underneath the Eghishe Charents school.

ال Zoravar Church survives concealed behind apartment fronts in the block bounded by Saryan, Pushkin, Ghazar Parpetsu, and Tumanyan streets, a hodgepodge of architecture dating from 1693 (funded by the wealthy Hoja Panos) and rebuilt at various times, including by local dignitary Gabriel Yuzbashi in the late 18th c. and French benefactor Sargis Petrossian in the 1990s. According to ecclesiastical history, it sits near the site of the tomb/shrine of S. Ananias the Apostle.

In 1684, at the request of King Louis XIV to the Shah of Persia, French Jesuits set up a mission in Yerevan, goal of which was to persuade the Catholicos in Ejmiatsin to bring himself and his church into the Catholic fold. Effectiveness of Jesuit diplomacy was reduced by their habit of dying after a few months, but the second of them, Father Roux, became friendly enough with the Catholicos that when he died in 1686 he was buried by the Catholicos in the "magnificent monastery of Yerevan" next to the Armenian bishops and archbishops. When the newly enthroned Shah Hussein banned wine throughout his dominions in 1694, the missionaries mourned the destruction of Yerevan's vintage, "the best wine in the Persian Empire." Local authorities respected the extraterritoriality of the Jesuits, putting seals on the door of the Mission wine cellar in such a way that the door could still be opened. Nothing remains of the Jesuit mission, nor of the "magnificent monastery of Yerevan" that housed their mortal remains. Yerevan now has a small scholarly outpost of their spiritual descendants, the Mekhitarist fathers, whose headquarters at the San Lazarro island monastery in Venice is full of great art treasures.

In September 2001, the massive St Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral was completed in celebration of the 1700th anniversary of Christianity in Armenia. The main cathedral seats the symbolic number of 1,700 worshippers, and there are two large chapels near the entrance which are primarily for weddings. The holy remains of St. Gregory were brought from Italy in time for the opening, and Pope John Paul II came to pay an official visit shortly after the consecration.

Mosques (Section 6)

At the time of the Russian conquest there were eight mosques in Yerevan. On the capture of the city in 1827, the grateful and prudent inhabitants (both Muslim and Christian) bestowed the fortress mosque on the conquerors to serve as a Russian Orthodox church until a more suitable structure could be built for the purpose a few years later. The largest mosque of Yerevan and only one still preserved, the Gyoy or Gök-Jami, (gök means "sky-blue" in Turkish - more commonly known as the Blue Mosque) was built in AH 1179 or AD 1765/6 by the command of local ruler Hussein Ali-Khan to be the main Friday mosque. The mosque portal and minaret were decorated with fine tile work. The central court had a fountain, with cells and other auxiliary building around it, and stately elm trees. There was an adjoining hamam and school. In Soviet times, the mosque housed the Museum of the City of Yerevan. In the mid-1990s, the powerful Iranian quasi-statal foundation for religious propagation agreed to fund a total restoration of the mosque with shiny new brick and tile. This restoration, structurally necessary but aesthetically ambiguous, was largely finished in 1999. However, Armenian authorities, torn between the need to placate a powerful neighbor and desire to minimize the practice of an unpopular religion, have been slow to bless the reconsecration of the complex as a mosque, suggesting it should serve as a cultural center instead. There is supposed to have been a working mosque somewhere in Yerevan made superfluous by the 1988-91 population transfers, it burned down.

The Museums (Section 7)

There are dozens of museums in Yerevan, mostly house-museums to writers, painters, and musicians. The entry fee is minimal, and the staff are generally delighted to receive a foreign visitor. If the language barrier can be overcome, the hospitality and taste of a little-known culture will be memorable.

The best museum in Yerevan is small and idiosyncratic, the would-be final home of famed Soviet filmmaker Sergei Parajanov (1924-1990). Though an ethnic Armenian (Parajanian), he was born in Tbilisi and spent most of his professional career in Kiev or Tbilisi. He won international fame with "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" and "The Color of Pomegranates," but his career was crippled by imprisonment (for homosexual liaisons) and denial of resources. Under perestroika, Yerevan claimed him as its own, and built him a lovely house overlooking the Hrazdan gorge in an area of ersatz "ethnographic" buildings on the site of the former Dzoragyugh village (just behind and left of the upscale restaurant "Dzoragyugh," commonly but no longer accurately known as the "Mafia Restaurant" due to a leather-clad clientele, a mysteriously reliable electrical supply during the dark nights of 1993-95, and the occasional use of firearms). Alas, Parajanov died before the house was finished, but it became a lovely museum/memorial that also hosts dinners and receptions to raise funds. Parajanov's visual imagination and subversive humor are represented in a series of compositions from broken glass and found objects. His figurines from prison-issue toilet brushes are proof that a totalitarian, materialist bureaucracy need not prevail. Look for "The Childhood of Genghis Khan" and Fellini's letter thanking him for the pair of socks.

ال Matenadaran (manuscript library) is the other world-class museum in Yerevan, not for its exhibitions per se, but rather for its status as the eternal (one hopes) repository for Armenia's medieval written culture. A vast gray basalt mass at the top of Mashtots Blvd. (built 1945-57, architect M. Grigorian), the Matenadaran is guarded by the statue of primordial alphabet-giver S. Mashtots (ca. 400) and those of the other main figures of Armenian literature: Movses Khorenatsi (5th -- or maybe 8th -- century "father of Armenian history") T'oros Roslin (13th c. manuscript illuminator in Hromkla/Rum Qalat near Edessa) Grigor Tatevatsi (theologian of Tatev Monastery, died 1409) Anania Shirakatsi (7th c. mathematician, studied in Trebizond, fixed the Armenian calendar) Mkhitar Gosh (died 1213, cleric and law codifier) and Frik (ca. 1230-1310, poet). There are khachkars and other ancient carved stones in the side porticos. The entry hall has a mosaic of the Battle of Avarayr, and the central stair frescos of Armenian history, all by H. Khachatrian.

English-speaking guides are usually on deck. Beside the exhibit hall (and a small gift shop with excellent hand-painted reproductions of important manuscript miniatures), there are conservation rooms and shelf on shelf of storage (closed except to specialists with advance permission) for the 17000 manuscripts in a dozen languages. Cut deep in the hillside behind, and shielded by double steel blast doors, is a splendid marble tomb designed to preserve the collection against nuclear holocaust. Alas, the execution did not live up to the grandiosity of the conception -- water from a series of underground springs drips through the vaults, making them unusable until a few million dollars are found for a total reworking.

ال State History Museum in Republic Square (formerly Lenin Square) is notable for the statues of Catherine the Great (returned to Russia?) and Lenin squirreled away in a back courtyard ready for any change in the political winds. The important archaeological collection from Stone Age through Medieval periods should not be missed. Note a Latin inscription from Ejmiatsin attesting to the presence of a Roman garrison. There are some interesting models of early modern Yerevan and other historical exhibits of interest to those comfortable in Armenian or Russian.

The floors above contain the National Picture Gallery. Start by taking the elevator to the top, then descend through the huge collection of Russian, Armenian, and European works, some of the latter copies or else spoils of WWII divided among the various Soviet republics.

Accessible from the street running behind the State History Museum is the Middle Eastern Museum and Museum of Literature. The former has an interesting collection, including a carpet-weaving display.

ال Museum of the City of Yerevan has a small archaeological and ethnographic collection. It is located in the new city hall on the corner of Zakian and Grigor Lusavorich.

ال Genocide Memorial and Museum at Tsitsernakaberd ("Swallow Castle") sits on the site of a Iron Age fortress, all above-ground trace of which seems to have disappeared. The Museum's testimony to the 1915 destruction of the Armenian communities of Eastern Anatolia is moving, and the monument itself is austere but powerful. The riven spire symbolizes the sundering of the Eastern and Western branches of the Armenian people. The view over the Ararat valley is striking. More Armenian Genocide information can be found online.

Turning away from the wall of recent martyrs and gazing south, a Western Christian might muse on the 10,000 Martyrs of Mt. Ararat, who are or were still in the Catholic liturgical calendar for June 22. According to a legend that somehow made its way westward to become popular in 14th and 15th century art, 9000 Roman soldiers sent out to the Euphrates frontier with a certain Acacius were led by angelic voices to convert to Christianity. The enraged Roman emperors sent troops against them, another 1000 of whom converted when the stones they threw rebounded vainly from the pious converts. Finally, the 10,000 were subdued and crucified atop Mt. Ararat. A painting of this scene by the late 15th c. Venetian artist Carpaccio shows the persecutors in Turkish garb. Though the legend is too hopelessly garbled to link to any known historical event, and the 10,000 are not part of the Armenian or Orthodox canons, it is tempting to view the cult as the echo of one of several early Armenian cries to the West for help, help that did not come. Purported relics of these martyrs can still be found in various churches of France, Italy and Spain.

Suburbs: Avan, Kanaker, Arindj (Section 8)

The village of Avan, lying in the angle between the Sevan and Garni roads, has been swallowed up by Yerevan. Heading N past the Zoo (on the right, larger than it looks, and not as depressing as it could be) and just before the Botanic Garden (on the left, spacious and nice for walks, with some plans for redemption), take the right off-ramp for Garni, but then go straight through the intersection and turn left at the stop sign. Turn immediately right, and head about 1 km up the main road of Avan. Where the main road turns right at a modern monument and cemetery, continue straight past the intersection a few meters, then take the first left down a narrow lane. The church is about 300 m along, on the left. Like many other early churches, this one is known locally as the Tsiranavor ("apricot-colored"). Avan Church =35= (40 12.85n x 044 34.27e) is the earliest surviving church inside the Yerevan city limits, dating to the late 6th c. At a time when Armenia enjoyed competing pro-Persian and pro-Byzantine katholikoi, the Avan church was built by the pro-Byzantine Katholikos Hovhannes Bagavanetsi (traditional dates 591-603) as his headquarters, while his pro-Persian rival sat in Dvin. Multi-apsed, built on a two-step podium, the church preserves a low arched doorway but is roofless. Historian of Armenian architecture T. Toramanyan believes the church had five peaks - one in the center and the other four in the corners, over the round side-chapels. A surviving inscription preserves the name Yohan in a plausibly early style, but with no title to confirm that this commemorates the founder. The church is built on the site of previous buildings. Some restoration has been done to it in 1940-1941 and in 1956-1966, 1968. There are ruins of monastic buildings N, perhaps the modest seat of one of the katholikosates.

On a slope south of the early village, now on the edge of town, are two chapels, of S. Hovhannes and S. Astvatsatsin, with interesting carvings. Restored several times over the ages, they are believed to originate from the 5-6th centuries. They underwent major reconstruction in the 13th c., but have spent three centuries in ruins since the 1679 earthquake. The Avan cemetery on the west edge of the town has khachkars of the 13-18th c and, across the road, the uninscribed stepped plinth and broken pillar of a 5-6th c. grave monument.

Kanaker was another important self-standing village in medieval times, now absorbed into modern Yerevan. An important khachkar of 1265 stands with pointed roof near the Sevan road, erected by Petevan and his wife Avag-tikin for the remembrance of their souls. The church of S. Hakob was dedicated to Hakob of Mtsbina (aka James of Nisibis), an early 4th c. Syrian bishop who was one of the founders of Armenian Christianity. In Armenian tradition (though not Syriac), S. Hakob attempted along with his followers to climb the mountain of Noah's Ark (which back then was located in Kurdistan south of Lake Van, rather than its currently popular location, Armenian "Masis" or Turkish "Agri Dag" just across the border from Armenia). Led by a vision, he found a piece of the Ark, which he brought down in triumph. He was famous also for the springs of water that burst forth where he laid his head, and also for leading the defense of Nisibis against the Persians in AD 338. Near S. Hakob is a large basilica dedicated to the Mother of God. Both churches have elaborate carved entrances. Ruined in the 1679 earthquake, both were rebuilt soon after, S. Hakob by a wealthy businessman based in Tbilisi, S. Astvatsatsin by local efforts. S. Hakob was the seat of the bishop, with a diocesan school founded in 1868. S. Astvatsatsin was a monastic church, originally walled and with cells. Used as a warehouse in Soviet times, S. Hakob resumed its churchly function in 1990. In the gorge below Kanaker may still remain traces of a ruined "Tivtivi Vank" and of a stone bridge.

Kanaker is famous also as the home of Khachatur Abovian, the school-inspector/novelist who elevated the modern dialect of Yerevan to its current literary eminence. Abovian was a nephew of the hereditary chief of Kanaker village, a descendant, in turn, of the Beglarian clan of meliks of Gyulistan. Abovian contributed to his fame by accompanying Professor Friedrich Parrot of Dorpat University on the first modern ascent of Mt. Ararat (the local one), in September 1829. Abovian disappeared mysteriously in April 1848, leaving a wife and two young children. The favorite theory, albeit with no firm evidence behind it, is that he was kidnapped by the Czar's agents to rid the Empire of a potentially dangerous Armenian nationalist in the year of the great European revolutions. The Abovian house-museum, at 5th Kanaker St (tel 28-16-87) is presumably functioning.

Arinj is a pretty suburb on the left just as you leave Yerevan. A recently paved road turns right from the main Sevan road 2.8km past the bridge/turnoff to Garni. Arinj contains Levons Divine Underground, a fantastic collection of rooms and halls carved from the rock of a local villager over the last 25 years. Extending to a depth of more than 20 meters from the surface, these passages are one of the most unique finds in the Yerevan area. To reach the house, continue into the village about 1.0km from the Sevan road. You will see a small post office on your left turn immediately right into a dead-end alley & park at the end. A small footpath continues in the same direction as the alley and meets up with a dirt road turn left and proceed to the fourth house on the right (it has carvings in the shape of a flower bell along the roof). There are no signs knock (at a reasonable hour) for entry. Donations are expected but not required.


Basalt Pillar with Cuneiform, Armenia - History

Your tour of Armenia and Artsakh should begin with Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Yerevan is one of the earliest sites of human civilizations, with its history dating back to 782 B.C., when Argishti 1 founded an impregnable castle and a fortress-city Erebouni on the hill known as Arin-Berd .

Yerevan was first mentioned as the capital of Ararat in the 14th-century annals. Towards the end of the 1920s, Yerevan became the capital of Soviet Armenia.

Today, Yerevan is the capital of the Republic of Armenia, a country formerly part of the Soviet Union, and one with a proud commercial, financial, cultural and educational center.

Situated in the northeastern region of the Ararat valley, Yerevan covers 300 sq. km and lies at an altitude of between 950 and 1,200 meters above sea level. Yerevan is surrounded by beautiful hills and mountains, from which one can see the panoramic beauty of the city, with Mount Ararat visible from all four corners.

Modern Yerevan is a colorful city with buildings of unique architecture, constructed from marble, basalt, onyx and volcanic tufa stone. The combination of old and modern architectural styles adds to her glory.
The main Cathedral, Saint Gregory the Illuminator was built in Yerevan’s ring-shaped park. Armenia’s largest cathedral can be seen from many corners of the town and the best traditions of church-building are still preserved. Yerevan is divided into two parts by the Hrazdan River, which flows into a deep canyon. Over the years, Yerevan has seen the construction of several bridges.

Numerous cafes and restaurants are situated in every corner of Yerevan, surrounded by fountains, where you can get a cup of coffee for less than 50 cents.

Yerevan’s center is Republic Square, designed in 1926 by chief architect, Alexander Tamanyan, with the involvement of many talented architects. Tamanyan drew up the initial rebuilding plan for Yerevan in 1924, in which the future central square’s main building, the Government House, was finished. The Square has a unified architectural style, which is embodied in the building housing the Council of Trade Unions, the Ministry of Communications, and Hotel Armenia. In front of the Museum of Armenian History and National Gallery of Art, there are fountains which unify music, water and color to provide a special splendor to the Square.

Yerevan’s true beauty comes alive at night with her restaurants, cafes with live music, discos, night clubs and casinos.

The high-quality hotels in the city’s downtown center make Yerevan an attraction for many tourists, with visitors enjoying concerts, artistic life, operas, ballets, symphonic music, theaters, exhibitions and plays, throughout the entire year.

On Saturdays and Sundays, Armenian painters and masters of applied arts exhibit their work near the statues of Martiros Sarian and Vardan Mamikonian, where one can purchase unique and valuable pieces of art and souvenirs.

If you ask any Armenian where Yerevan begins, he will point towards Mt.Ararat. One needs only to go to the top of Victory Park to see the whole city spread at the foot of the beautiful Mt. Ararat, a Biblical Mountain overlooking the City of Yerevan – a mountain which is the symbol of the silent and eternal witness of the magnificent history of Armenia and her people.

We welcome you to our capital city of Yerevan, our Country called Armenia, and invite you to explore its natural splendor.


Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern Art

The museum's collection of Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern antiquities is one of the largest on the East Coast, with 7,500 objects dating from Prehistory to the period of Roman domination. The collection’s strengths include Egyptian coffins from all major periods, objects of daily life, royal and divine sculpture, ancient cuneiform tablets, and Near Eastern cylinder seals. Arranged in two galleries, the permanent collection tells the story of humankind through its material culture.

The core of the collection was acquired by Emory professor William Shelton, who traveled to Egypt and Mesopotamia in 1920 with James Henry Breasted of the Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago. Shelton brought back a superb selection of artifacts, including the oldest Egyptian mummy in the Americas. In the 1950s, Kathleen Kenyon donated artifacts from her excavations at Jericho and Jerusalem, followed by contributions from former Emory professors Immanuel Ben Dor, Boone Bowen, J. Maxwell Miller, and others, as a result of their excavations in the Middle East. The collection experienced tremendous growth beginning in 1999 with the purchase of Egyptian antiquities from a small, private museum in Niagara Falls, Canada that were acquired in Egypt during the early 1860s. Renamed the Charlotte Lichirie Collection once in Atlanta, research revealed that one mummy from the 1999 purchase was most likely Ramesses I. It was returned to Egypt in 2003 as a gift of good will and international cooperation. In 2019, a generous gift of the Senusret Collection from the Georges Ricard Foundation added significantly to the museum’s holdings from the ancient world. The gift included gilded Egyptian funerary masks, finely crafted bronze statuettes of deities, and an exquisitely preserved coffin assemblage from Akhmim belonging to priestess Taosiris. Learn more about the history of the collection and view a selection of its objects.


Yerevan – The Capital

Your first acquaintance with Armenia and Yerevan usually starts at Zvartnots International airport named after Zvartnots temple (7th c. AD). Next you enter Yerevan driving by the Yerevanian Lake. Yerevan is the capital of Armenia and one of the oldest cities in the world. It stretches under the gaze of biblical mountain Ararat and resembles a beautiful gilt bowl to those flying over it. A basalt slab with an Urartu cuneiform inscription, unearthed by archaeologists in the south-eastern part of the city shows the age of Yerevan to be 2783 years old. Modern Yerevan is mostly a rebuilt colorful city with buildings of unique architecture, constructed from basalt, marble, onyx and volcanic tuff stone and it is a contemporary to such ancient metropolises as Akhetaton, Babylon and Thebes, Nineveh and Karkemish.

Yerevan is the present-day capital of a nation that was the first in the world to adopt Christianity as a state religion (301 AD), nevertheless during the decades of Soviet “construction” many magnificent Christian cathedrals were demolished here.

The lore has it that Yerevan was built over 7 hills. By the 1860s the city had several districts: Dzoragykh (currently preserved as a historical landmark site), Kond (the Tsirani Tagh), the Old Quarter-Shehar, the New Quarter, the Quarry district (Yerkataghbyur) and Nork? The total population of the city in those days was a mere 13 thousand?

This is Yerevan as we know it today, a city of Christian cathedrals, modern airports, theatres and museums, universities and academies, parks and research labs, squares and industrial sites and, finally, of art-loving and sophisticated people.

Its vast squares, wide streets and avenues, green parks and gardens, blossoming with colors of apricot and cherry trees in springtime, give the city a special charm. Its refreshing fountains offer a coolness in the hot summer days. In the evenings Yerevanians gather around the fountains in the Republic Square to discuss their daily activities and the city?s artists and students enrich the spiritual life of Yerevan for visiting tourists.

The Republic square was built in the 1940s in traditional Armenian architectural style. The arches of the buildings lining the square and the motifs of the bas-reliefs are unique in their conception and resemble the structural shapes of the Armeninan architectural and spiritual monuments of the 10 th -13 th centuries.

The building of the National Opera and Ballet Theatre was designed by the renowned architect Alexander Tamanian. The design won the Grand Prix at the Paris World Fair of 1937.

Matenadaran, the museum and scientific institute named after Mesrop Mashtots, is the world?s richest depository with approximately 14,000 ancient manuscripts in its collection. Ancient and unique samples of world literature are preserved in Matenadaran (built in 1958), some of them have been lost in the original and are available only through their Armenian translations. The Matenadaran has over a thousand manuscripts in Arabic, classical Greek, Hindi, Assyriac, Latin, Ethiopian, Georgian languages.

Erebouni fortress-museum is housed in the ancient citadel of Erebouni, the predecessor of the present-day Yerevan. Its display includes bronze and iron tools, earthenware, weapons, ornaments and other articles made by Urartu craftsmen which have been uncovered during excavations on the site of the ancient fortress town. A visit to the palace of King Argishti, the founder of Yerevan, is also a point of interest. Remains of fortress walls, temples, water ducts and other ancient structures have left their imprint on the land.

The National Art Gallery has a huge collection including Armenian artists as well as Russian and west European masterpieces. For instance, paintings by Hovhannes Ayvazovski are widely held in high esteem. The Museum of Armenia?s History is in the same place and represents the history of Armenia from ancient times until the present. The Martiros Saryan house-museum on Saryan street has about 150 works. Each painting is a passionate declaration of love from the artist to his native land: Armenia.

Yerevan is in a position to compete with many metropolises of the world with its beautiful and ingenious statues.

The Armenia epic hero David of Sassoun, hero of the national liberation war of the 5 th century Vardan Mamikonyan, the founder of classical Armenian music Father Komitas, painter Martiros Sarian. Composer Alexander Spendiarian, the great Armenia poet Hovhannes Toumanian, Sayat-Nova, a bard of the late medieval period, composer Aram Khachatourian, composer Armen Tigranian, architect Alexander Tamanian?.and many more statues and sages you can see in Armenia, that continue to this day to inspire and motivate the inhabitants of Yerevan and cultivate trust toward the future.

During the city tour, tourists will also have a chance to see the Modern Art Gallery, Independence Column, the Tombstone of Alexander Tamanian, chief-architect of Yerevan, who developed the modern plan of the city, a Cascade Complex made of white stone and connecting Victory Park to the Opera House by a unique architectural form. The huge statue of Mother Armenia with its solemn image, symbolizing the independence and power of Armenia, and the Palace of Youth which with its unique shape attracts people?s attention from any point of the city. One can visit The Pantheon, the burial site of many famous Armenians and the unique Museum of Sergey Parajanov, famous Armenian artist and film director, which is situated next to the St. Sargis church on the bank of Hrazdan river. There is also, Tsitsernakaberd, one of the holy places in the city.

The memorial with a flame and the museum devoted to the victims of Genocide 1915 are situated next to the Sports and Concerts Complex. You can also see the Kievian Bridge over the river and many other attractions on Bagramian street: the House of Parliament, the Academy of Sciences, The Palace of President, Constitutional Court, Foreign representations and embassies, The House of Writers and Architects, and many others. The view of Ararat?s summit will guide you during your tour throughout city.

Yerevan preserves the ancient traditions of crafts. Blacksmiths, potters, silversmiths, rug weavers, wood carvers, carvers of stone khachkars all have apprentices in their workshops and studious, that pick the creative skills of the trade from master artisans.

Yerevan is a more beautiful city by night. Hundreds of indoor and outdoor cafes with live music, concert halls and theaters, hotels and restaurants, discos, supermarkets, offices, night clubs and casinos make downtown a favorite place both for city hosts and tourists.

Yerevan has a fine heart that is open for guests. The ancient metropolis never closes its gates. Yerevan seems to be waiting for a miracle, this expectation rises each morning like the sun in the firmament, showering rays of gold and dreams on all of us.


تعليم

The Progress University in Gyumri

Gyumri is the main educational centre of the province educational institutions. The city is home to 3 universities:

  • Gyumri State Pedagogical Institute named after Mikael Nalbandian,
  • Progress University,
  • Imastaser Anania Shirakatsi University.

Branches of the National Polytechnic University of Armenia, Armenian State University of Economics, Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory, Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts, Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography, European Regional Educational Academy and Haybusak University of Yerevan are also operating in the city.


شاهد الفيديو: اسمع اللغة السومرية كيف كانت تنطق الوصف مهم (يوليو 2022).


تعليقات:

  1. Merewood

    الموضوع مثير للاهتمام ، سأشارك في المناقشة.

  2. Modraed

    إنها الكذبة.

  3. Pancratius

    برافو ، فكرتك أنها رائعة



اكتب رسالة